Sign in to follow this  
removed

INDIANA JONES DVD COLLECTION

Ahhh Indiana Jones, all time great classic adventure. :) They don't make em like that anymore. I love the series and will buy the DVD s. I'm really curious about the 4th movie. I've been hearing about it off and on for about 5 years now. Anybody hear anything about the possible storyline. I heard Harrison Ford would only sign on if the story was great and contributed to the legacy.

I Will Unfortunately Have To Wait 'Til Next Month To Get The Set, But That's Ok...I Can Hold Out.

There Are Plenty Of Things I Still Need To Get...Well....I Don't Necessarily Need To...Ah Nevermind :blink:

well my sister works at eckard and they have it for 34.99 but they are out, so she got me a raincheck, i think thats pretty cheap for the box set, has anyone else seen it cheaper?

well my sister works at eckard and they have it for 34.99 but they are out, so she got me a raincheck, i think thats pretty cheap for the box set, has anyone else seen it cheaper?

$34.99 sounds like a good price! I hope I can find it for that low but so far, $50 is the price everywhere I've called has quoted. :blink: Can you get me a raincheck too? Kidding.

Hm... here's a question that's been bothering me. (Somehow I've never thought of this before. Odd.)

So are Indy and his good old dad immortal now that they both drank from the Holy Grail? Or did their leaving the tomb or something take away their gained immortality from the cup?

Does anyone know? (I'm looking at you, Indy! Lol. :klingon: )

Edited by bysty

:klingon: OMGosh, I wondered the EXACT same thing the last time I watched that movie!

Somehow I think that since they left the tomb, they won't be immortal. How would they explain their obvious aging in Indy IV if that were the case?? I'm wondering if that issue will even be addressed in the next movie, maybe it didn't make them immortal, but benefitted them in some other way? Good thought, bysty.

Well the knight in the tomb was still old and weak, so Indy could still age. I hope that by in leaving the tomb, it just made him healthier, not longer living because I think a never-aging Indy would be kind of odd.

So they are aging Indy in Indy IV? What time period is it in? The 40's? Do you know? (And who would the bad guys be? The Soviet Union??)

Yes, Indy will age. Here's a quote from an interview:

Ford said there would be no disguising the older age of the Indiana Jones character. "Indiana Jones will simply be older and doesn't behave like he did in 1981 when he first appeared on the screen. That's all."

I read somewhere (although I can't find it at the moment) that the movie will take place in the 50s. I haven't seen anything about prospective bad guys, but I've been avoiding discussions of script details, so there might be something out there.

Ya, see that's the thing with me too. When I go to see the movie, I don't want to know the big details! I wanna be surprised by the first time I see everything. I try to steer clear of spoilers. But the downside to that is, I'm gonna go crazy before the next one is released! Lol.

Bad news for Indy IV. E!Online has reported that the studio has put the project on hold. Apparently George Lucas wasn't happy with the script written by Frank Darabont. Now they're saying it might not even start filming until 2005. :dude:

Here's the article: Indiana Jones and the Long Delay (HAHA, I am not amused.)

Bad news for Indy IV.  E!Online has reported that the studio has put the project on hold.  Apparently George Lucas wasn't happy with the script written by Frank Darabont.  Now they're saying it might not even start filming until 2005. :bow:

Here's the article:  Indiana Jones and the Long Delay  (HAHA, I am not amused.)

Noooooooooooooo!

Well... at least it will be a great script. I'm glad Lucas didn't go the easy route.