Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Nemesis Concept & Filming

Nemesis in my opinion overall was not that good.

Of course there are some highlights to the movie and I fully admit that, but I think the bad qualities of the movie out weight in this case the good ones. One thing I wish they did for the movie was expand on the story. Near the end for example was non-stop James Bond style action and truthfully they went overboard near the end. They could of cut some of the action out and expand on the story. The heart of any show on ST is really the story.

The concept of the movie was great! And a few people that I know that actually read the script or are reading the book say it’s well written for the most part. So that’s not really the problem that I see. I think that it was not executed well and that’s why the movie was not that successful and not that good.

I remember when I watched it a lot of people at the theater at the end were asking each other “When does this end?” and/or they seemed to be looking at there watch. And the cause of that was the non-stop action near the end that went over board. The movie does not go to the root (to the story).

Well that’s just my opinion. I just believe that the movie had a good concept it just was not executed correctly / good.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

The real story is in the shooting script, if you get the chance I highly recommend you read it, it is everything the movie wasn't. The script may still be around on the net someplace.

drool.gif

My only problems with the movie was that it felt too much like STAR WARS and didn't have enough drama. But hey! They wanted to do Star Trek as an "action movie" for #10, so in the end, I liked it! I guess I'm just used to more ethical-type Trek movies. :wow:

The concept was excellent. The editing needed some major help. There were to many scenes left out that would have helped to fill in the gaps. Overall I thought the film was excellent. It was not a typical Star Trek movie but that's fine with me.

They really did need to delve into the characters more though, especially if this is the last one. I would have liked to have more insight about where everyone was going to and how they felt about what they've been through together.

Shinzonfan :wow: