Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Nazi Guys Plan - Save Edith Keeler?

Could Nazi Guys plan be to save Edith Keeler from dying?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Could Nazi Guys plan be to save Edith Keeler from dying?

• Yes I agree 100%! [IMG]http://www.startrekfans.net/style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif[/IMG]
    • It's Possible but doubtfull [IMG]http://www.startrekfans.net/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif[/IMG]
    • No Way on Earth! [IMG]http://www.startrekfans.net/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/IMG]

Do you remember the TNG episode where Worf kept being shifted from reality to reality? At one point when there was some kind of rip in the fabric of space-time, the space was rapidly filling with Enterpises from the various realities.

That episode is consistent with your possibility #2.

Do you remember the TNG episode where Worf kept being shifted from reality to reality? At one point when there was some kind of rip in the fabric of space-time, the space was rapidly filling with Enterpises from the various realities.

That episode is consistent with your possibility #2.

267624[/snapback]

Yup, in fact that episode was "Parallels" A great episode.

I voted possible, but doubtful.

If that was the case, shouldn't the Nazi aliens gone back in time 10 or 15 years further?

A more possible idea is that, given the fact that the Nazis developed jet-engine technology first but didn't use it, the aliens persuade the Nazi to utlize this engine, giving the Axis powers a decisive advantage over the Allies.

I voted possible, but doubtful.

If that was the case, shouldn't the Nazi aliens gone back in time 10 or 15 years further?

A more possible idea is that, given the fact that the Nazis developed jet-engine technology first but didn't use it, the aliens persuade the Nazi to utlize this engine, giving the Axis powers a decisive advantage over the Allies.

270108[/snapback]

Umm, the Nazi's DID use the jet technology in actual combat during WW2, but it was too little too late. All of the major powers had jet planes ready to go by at least the 3-4 months before the end of or after the end of WW2. I think the Nazi's had jet powered fighters at least 6 months before the end of the war, but not 100% sure of that, I do know they were used however.

Oh and it wasn't like they waited to deploy the technology either, there were a lot of unsafe rocket and jet powered fighters that crashed and burned and such as they were rushed out the door to try to help their war effort.

The way I understood it was that the Nazis had it WAY before anyone else, but were completely confident in their pilots so decided not to make use of the jet engines. Then as they were getting their butts kicked, they realized that they committed that war's big "oops."

It wouldn't make all that much sense if that was the Nazi alien's plan. Because, he would have to COME UP with the plan! How would he know that saving some random women would make a difference in the timeline. He couldn't. Kirk only found out by accident. However, I do find the whole idea totally fun! That kind of tie in would be great, but it don't think it quite jives.

The way I understood it was that the Nazis had it WAY before anyone else, but were completely confident in their pilots so decided not to make use of the jet engines. Then as they were getting their butts kicked, they realized that they committed that war's big "oops."

270422[/snapback]

Germany perfected it first but Jet technology was around for a little while. The US was working on a Jet powered plane as early as 1939 I believe, England was also. Of those 3 nations Germany was further advanced then England and the U.S. but all 3 countries had the technology.

By the end of the war though Germany had st least a few squadrons of Jet fighters, a jet bomber and some rocket planes. Their problem was that they were developing too many different technologies in far too low numbers to affect the war.

They had V1 rocket, which was basically the first cruise missile. The V2 rocket, which was the first ballistic missile. The StG 44 "Sturmgewehr", which was the first assault rifle and several other things that were the future of modern warfare.

After having gone through Storm Front Pt. 2. It was ok, but I can't help feeling that the ideas presented in this thread would have been a lot more dramatic (they also probably would have drained the budget for the entire season.). In any case, here's to a brave new season with better ratings!

After having gone through Storm Front Pt. 2.  It was ok, but I can't help feeling that the ideas presented in this thread would have been a lot more dramatic (they also probably would have drained the budget for the entire season.).  In any case, here's to a brave new season with better ratings!

276129[/snapback]

:wow: Thanks. :naughty:

:unsure: Fascinating! Someone at st.com screen-named JohnSullivan72 started a thread named The Missing Episode Between ZERO HOUR/STORM FRONT.

In the thread a couple of links are given to a fan fiction site, at the site named Endless Wonder you can read this fan fiction which (quite amazingly) fills the gap between Zero Hour and Storm Front with a story utilizing the idea behind this thread created by yours truly.

:frusty: Fascinating! Someone at st.com screen-named JohnSullivan72 started a thread named The Missing Episode Between ZERO HOUR/STORM FRONT.

In the thread a couple of links are given to a fan fiction site, at the site named Endless Wonder you can read this fan fiction which (quite amazingly) fills the gap between Zero Hour and Storm Front with a story utilizing the idea behind this thread created by yours truly.

280199[/snapback]

I went to the link. The story is completely accessible. And yes, Jonathan Archer IS the one driving the truck and accelerating towards Edith Keeler in this story. They even mange to give Mayweather a few speaking lines in the story! Interesting.