Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Weather

There was a slight—very slight—chill in the air this morning and it seemed pretty dry after a weekend of rain. September is still summer in Texas (as is October and most of November), but every now and then you get these little hints of fall. And this morning, that's just what I got. And that's all I have to hang on to, because we don't really get a fall in Texas. It's too bad because fall is my favorite season.

Sorry to raise such a long dead topic but this summer has been, (and not that I am complaining) the coolest in all my years in this city (since 75.)

Only around one month of sunny since sunrise days. Most mornings look like this or worse:

August_overcast.jpg

Just a handful of days with temps of 80 more. Right now I have the door open and the AC off.

Amazing.

We had a couple heat waves recently, and they NEVER coincided with the weekends damnit!, but overall it has been a mild summer. I wanted to go to the beach the last couple weekends but it never got above 74 degrees. My rule of thumb is it has to be at least 80 or it isn't worth going.

Edited by Lt. Van Roy