Sign in to follow this  
gul_nodrog

Colm Meaney question

My husband and I are watching TNG on DVD (we've finished Season 4). My question is this: When did DS9 come on the air? I thought that it was after Season 4 of TNG, but the O'Briens haven't had Molly yet and I know that they have her on the Enterprise.

Was DS9 a mid-season premier during TNG's fifth season? Or did it begin airing concurrently with TNG's 6th season? I can't believe that I don't remember this, but it is driving us crazy.

Do they mention O'Brien's departure on TNG? Is there any kind of bon voyage for him? Or is he just all of a sudden on DS9?

Edited by gul_nodrog

Molly is born in the episode Disaster which was the fifth of Star Trek: TNG's fifth season. DS9 started on January 3rd, 1993, roughly halfway through Star Trek TNG's sixth season. Emissary takes place on stardate 46379.1 between TNG eps Chain of Command (Part 2) stardate 46360.8 and Ship in a Bottle stardate 46424.1.

So between Chain of Command and Ship in a Bottle the Enterprise travelled to DS9 and O'Brien transferred. If there was a send off it went unseen. I hope that helps.

Thank you so much! I thought that maybe DS9 was a mid-season premiere and now I know that is what happened. We were really getting confused when Season 4 ended and O'Brien was still on the Enterprise.

Thanks.