Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ragingtarg

Denara's Log

Got back my marks for the second Maths test, and realised that I'd failed this one =X Meaning that I've failed Maths as a subject, and my paretns might have to come down for a PT meeting. Moreover, it was a test on Graphs. Who ever fails a test on Graphs?

But at least Leah's been back in schol the past few days. She hurt her ankle real bad, and they had to put it in a cast. The cast was pristine and white, but now it's a myriad of colours -- thanks mostly to Iridescence, I'm proud to say. =D

I would like to mention that my school library really should get new keyboards and mouses [is it mouses or mice?]. The keyboard's spacebar really doesn't work, and the mouseball's protesting.

At least the firewall's not on, I guess I'm gonna have to be grateful for that.

Leah and Aria're calling. I need to help Leah home, she can barely walk, even with her crutches =D They've noth got wicked senses of homour, they're making some crack about me being too lazy to get off of my behind because of my precious Star Trek. Another jibe like that and they won't have a behind to sit on =P

Its mice. Sorry to hear u failed mathes. im glad to hear im not alone about sitting om my behind because im to lazy:) Hope Leah's ankle gets better soon.

Mike

Denara's Log

Today was a rather okay-ish day, considering I woke up terribly early and all that. [Note: It's a crime in my household to wake up on a weekend before ten] Had a nice long, hot shower, and then couldn't find anything to wear.

Mainly because my clothes have spent the majority of their lifetime sprawled across my bedroom floor. So I dug up a frighteningly long skirt -- it came to just below my knees, and I hate skirts -- and instead wore it as a strapless dress. But then it was too flared so I put my silver link belt on, and now it comes to about a hand above my knees.

That oughta tell everyone what kinda dress sense I've got.

We've got a Science test on Monday, on Light and Ecology. Light, I can handle, but not Ecology. That's five chapters on its own, and it it to the three chapters, and we're having a test on just about a quarter of the textbook.

On a very much more brighter note, I finished Daedalus's Children. It was marvelous, hyow it was played out until the very end, with the whole ArcherDuvall twist.

I'm listening to To The 5 Boroughs right now. It's playing terribly loudly on my 'puter, and if someone walks in, I'm dead. Mainly because their vocabulary is rather colourful and all that. And it isn't the kind of thing a 13-year-old should be listening to.

My blog needs republishing.

Toodliewoodles :(

Denara's Log

My class is really falling apart at the seams right now. There are these little cliques who have all got people they are pissed off at, and then there's a whole load of backstabbing going on. It got to the stage that so far at least 4 different people have broken down in class this month. Our class was rather friendly towards each other last year, mainly because we didn't know each other that well. But now, well, let's just say that an overnight class outing and 2 years have brought out the ugly in some people I wish I hadn't seen.

Iridescence -- that's me and my best friends -- are also on the MUST KILL list of so many other cliques. You've got Monique and the rest of her gang, who think Leah ditched them and got closer to us. But they were stabbing her in the back. Saying that she thought she was too good for them just because she'd frenched a guy and all that. It's annoying, how they talk about us all in Malay and say stuff about us -- Danielle does Malay for fun, she can understand them -- and then they act all sweet to our faces.

But I doubt people would want to hear about my griping.

The debate finals are tomorrow and I just started prepping myself. =D My team mates are so gonna kill me. I'm normally the ones who are hounding them, trying to get them to memorise their stuff so they won't zonk out on stage, but this time, it's the others who've been on my case. It's rather comforting actually, to think that they care enough about my social standing to come after my with their pencilcases and index cards. =P

They're not going to show Enterprise next week because they have to telecast that Miss Teen USA 2004 results or something. And it's the season finale. But mind you, we're only on Season 1 here, I just hope they've got the rights for the next few seasons. =P

I've also got to finish up my Design & Teachnology assignment. We have to make a wooden toy on wheels, from a single block of wood. I made a little Voyager. My teacher nearly killed me when I asked for drill bits 8mm in diameter, he had to rip apart the D&T lab looking for one. He's a nice dude, my teacher, just a bit deaf. He also doesn't really mind what you write in your Theory workbook. =P I wrote stuff like "It is to prevent the drill bit from rotating gyroscopically and injuring or maiming the user of the implement" when a simple "To stop it from hurting someone" would have sufficed.

Daniel and Aria were also being particularly mischievous today. Our class has got an odd number of girls and boys, meaning one boy will have to sit next to a girl. I just happen to be that girl. And my teacher put me next to the boy I used to like for a bit last year, so my friends never let my live it down. We're sort of close now, Anakin and I, but not to the extent that we're on the verge of going out or anything.

Anyway. So we had a free period today, and out English teacher let us do anything we wanted to. So Aria came over, and sat on half of my seat, and Daniel did the same to Anakin. Daniel and Ariepoo nudged in bit by bit until I was practically on Annie's lap. I nearly killed them for that. And someone joined our tables and drew a big heart and wrote our names in the heart, one half on each table.

See what I mean by annoying?

Denara's Log

Well.

The debate was horrendous, I wasn't aware that cheap shots and personal attacks were allowed, or we'd have won by loads.

Maybe I should start at the very top.

We arrived at the hall an hour earlier, so we could get a bit of practice in and all that. We were all dusty -- literally -- because we'd just come in from our practical D&T [like Woodshop, Metalshop and PLasticshop combined] Practical test. I had a loose and low belt -- you CANNOT work with a ginormous drill with a tight belt -- and very messy hair. 2/6's debate team walked in with armloads of visual aids and ties, and they were all prim and proper. VISUAL AIDS. We were told, in pretty clear English, that we weren't allowed to use charts and stuff, and they come in with a whole bunch of them. Than the judges decided to allow them to use them because their entire flipping debate's involving Those Things.

So the debate starts, and we got a faulty mike. Like, what the hell. We had the better speakers, we can actually speak English. They said we were rude and...

I have to go. Will be back.

Oooh.

Calling all people who are willing to take part in an active RPG: the details for a new one are under the topic title USS Kaleya in Holodeck 2. Pleasepleaseplease take part. Details in posts in that topic.

Well.

I'm not even sure if anyone even reads this thing, my gosh.

But yes. It's fun, and I'm keeping at it.

There's this really annoying boy next to me who keeps looking at everything that I'm doing. And I don't even know him. Pkkhh. Mr Boy Next To Me, if you read this too, please stop looking at what I'm doing. What if were something terribly personal or something like that, eh?

Our finals are in two weeks, so I'm going to be a bit of a no show until they're over. These exams determine our subject combos for next year -- I'm going for Physics, Chemistry, Pure Literature and Elective History, though the chances that you'll get your ideal combination are pretty low unless your average is an A and above.

Hehe.

The guy next to me finally decided to look at me again, and got a hint. I feel a bit mean for that, but hell.

Oooh. I'm here at the library to revise my History with my friend, but I sorta got a bit sidelined. Computers, you know, and I found a novelisation of The Search for Spock. Kel's calling. She needs to know the date David Marshall stepped down. Sillypoo. He stepped down from his post as Chief Minister on her birthday, she oughta be able to remember that at the very least :)

Toodliwoodles, all.

Hmm Then next time the weird kids next to you looks at you. Hang some nasty green slime or green been from your nose and say What are you looking at? :) That will usually get someone to stop :)

Okay. Just breathe and it'll all be okay.

See?

All better already.

They just released the results for the Secondary Three subject combination draw. And guess what?

I GOT THE ONE I WANTED!

Chemistry, Physics, Pure Literature, Elective Geography, English Language, Higher Tamil Language, Elementary Mathematics, Additional Mathematics and Social Studies.

But the problem is, I seem to be the only student in that class. No one else I kow got Combination E, and even my friends' friends' friends didn't get into E. I guess I have to be impressed, the teachers must think that I'm such a trouble kid that I need to be separated from the others, lol. :flex:

But it's sad. We've all been in the same class for two years now, and you can't help but grow close to one another. Everyone in my class's like my elder siblings, they're always there when I need them, always willing to come to the aid of the youngest one in class. There was this once a teacher accused me and my partner of cheating, and the entire class stood up and told her we weren't.

And speaking of my partner.

We've become pretty close for people who used to think the other was a pile of worthless sod. People say we've got chemistry, but we're more like siblings, if you ask me. He knows about all of my adolescent crushes, and I know all about his weird habits. I'm the only one who can tolerate him, and he's the only one with a sense of humour like mine.

I'm going to miss him.

And Iridescence.

Hell, I'm going to miss every single person. I know this short little ditty won't do them justice, but it just has to come down somewhere. Iri, you guys have been the best friends a girl could ask for. When I needed someone to hate the world with, you were there. When I needed someone to be with me when I really needed a good cry, you were there. I can't think of a single aspect of my life which you guys haven't influenced in some way or another. I've laughed so hard with you guys -- and sometimes at you guys! -- that I've had to sit down for an hour. Hell, you guys are the only ones who really got through to me. The geeks thought I was a jock, the jocks though I was a geek, and you guys were the only ones to see me for who I really was.

I'm going to need a good cry after this.

You know how it feels to get close to someone and have them ripped away? That's how I feel right now.

After that decidedly mopey post, I ran off to find some Reed/Sato fanfics to keep me at least moderately satisfied.

Guess what I found? *evil grin that should Never Be Trusted*

Shattering Stone Tablets.

It's slightly R-rated, though, minors might want to keep away. *acts angelic*