Sign in to follow this  
Stelfan

Enterprises designs

What do you think about all the Enterprises designs? Is NX-01 really the first one, if you look at its design.. Have they succeded in making it more "primitive" then the others?

Of course you have to disregard that special effects have been improved alot since TOS was produced, still I think you get the feeling that NX-01 is before Kirks time, small quarters, the warp core, furniture and so on..

What do you think?

Well I like the NX-01 and think it fits the design patterns inside and out, and as far as the whole Akira class design, i've never really seen the similarities.

Well I like the NX-01 and think it fits the design patterns inside and out, and as far as the whole Akira class design, i've never really seen the similarities.

The only similarity is in configuration, like how the Enterprise-D has the same saucer, enginerring hull, and 2 nacelles like Kirk's Enterprise.

yes, aside from "now technology, and special effects" one could beleive this is supposed to be older than kirks enterprise, plus i think its really cool, i like it. :(

Well, the inside looks closer to current day space craft/space stations, so I think it's more believable.

I think that it is definitely believable. I mean look at engineering you have to go through a small hatchway door, (on hinges) to get in there. And the hatch in the Armery to gain access to the Pulse cannon has to be physically removed. Where as in most of the other series both would have a nice easy sliding door.

Well, if you look at the Sentinel-Class by Cyrille "Tachy" Lefevre at http://shipyard.scifi-art.com/sentinel.html , its possible that there could be a lineage between the NX-Class, Loknar-Class, Akira-Class, Sentinel & Miranda-Class.

Now that's a sweet ship! I still like Enterprise D tho. Yea I can beleive that the nx is older then Kirks ship, can you imagine having to crawl through hatchways!!?

Yeah, and they have thought about many small things to make it "older".. Like they have to press buttons in the turbolifts and stuff like that..

I like how Archer has to duck his head whenever he tries to pace in his ready room.

Yes, it's very believable to me. Still a beautiful ship, tho. Wonder what the "windows" are made of. Do ya think transparent aluminum?

I think they did OK (STRESS the word OK!!)...but considering the technologywe have today vs the tech we had in the 60s, it would be pretty hard to make the NX look that primitive in comparison to the ENT A, unless they used a cardboard box, so yup, I'd say they did OK.