Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

"Mass E-Mail" error today

Today a Mass E-mail was sent on behalf of MQ and something went wrong resulting in many members receiving the message multiple times.

The problem could have been caused by the system not being fully adapted to the new up-grade (this was the first mass e-mail sent since the up-grade) or it could have been my fault but either way I'm extending my apologies to everyone the error might have caused inconvenience.

You may also be experiencing slow loading pages today, (I did for a while) if these two events are connected is not yet clear (one person has claimed having trouble before the mail was sent) but whatever the reason it seems to clear up by it's self after a short time.

In case you are one the few people who didn't get the E-mail message at all here is a copy of it:

Sunday, August 15 at 8:00pm Eastern Time will be our next special Trek-News-Talk chat room session. Terry Harris and Gisele La Roche will be joining us to talk about the official "Make a DS9 Move" campaign. I hope it to be an informative and fun chat session about the campaign, its possibilities, the latest movie news, Deep Space Nine the series, and more!

I have IPS (Invision Power Services) troubleshooting the issue right now, there are some known issues with their bulk mail feature.

For those that got 4 or 5 (or more) of the emails, don't feel bad. I got over 1400... lol

Thanks for posting this, Alterego. :sweatdrop:

We all apologize for the inconvenience. Things like this are bound to happen.

I hope all of you try to make it to this chat. I think it is going to make an interesting guest chat. As I have said in the Trek News forum, we have lots of things in the works for future guest chats. I think we are going to have a really good line-up. I'm also 65% sure we will have another actor coming sometime next month. We'll also have some "update" chats with the BBK & Save Enterprise campaign.

On the Sunday, August 29th at 2:00pm Eastern Time, we will have Jacqueline Lichtenberg joining us in the chat room. She is going to make a really interesting guest. She is featured in Trekkies 2, the award winning sequel to the acclaimed Trekkies docudrama. She's an expert in the realm of fandom, and an accomplished fantasy and sci-fi writer. She is the primary author of "Star Trek Lives!" She also started the Star Trek fan-fiction series "Kraith." Jacqueline has been actively involved with the original series.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Edited by master_q