Sign in to follow this  
sea trooper

I want highlights

See, I have natural jet black hair, but it's boring. So I wanted to dye it orange or blue, but my boss wouldn't like that, so I'm going to get red (natural red) highlights. You know, natural red so my boss couldn't say anything, but it will still look cool. So what does everybody think?

BTW, I'm a guy. (straight!)

My mom is very reluctant about my doing this. She says it's only for women. :tribble: *sigh*

I know someone who did that. It looks cool. He's one of the worship leaders in the youth service. It was hilarious when he did it. It was like everybody went :tribble::laugh:. It's fun.

It's your choice.

I know someone who did that. It looks cool. He's one of the worship leaders in the youth service. It was hilarious when he did it. It was like everybody went  :tribble:  :laugh:. It's fun.

It's your choice.

247286[/snapback]

Cool.

Okay, I finally decided to turn every single hair on my head Orange or Blue.

Blue, I've got two for blue (my mom says that if I'm going to do this that I might as well dye it blue)

See, I have natural jet black hair, but it's boring. So I wanted to dye it orange or blue, but my boss wouldn't like that, so I'm going to get red (natural red) highlights. You know, natural red so my boss couldn't say anything, but it will still look cool. So what does everybody think?

BTW, I'm a guy. (straight!)

My mom is very reluctant about my doing this. She says it's only for women. :yahoo: *sigh*

247281[/snapback]

eh...no....it's not only for women! loads of guys at out schoold oes it so i say go for it sea trooper! It'll look fab! Go for it and :rockon:

Dude that'd be awesome! :yahoo: you could always try temporary stuff or hair spray paint to see which color you like best. I really like the idea of red highlights, I saw a guy w/ it and it looked kewl

It is definately not just for women. If you want it blue, and you can get by with it at work... go for it. If you want it red.. go for that. But temporary or semi-permanent is the way to go at first, just in case you decide you do not like the results. If you like them then go for the permanent stuff.

When I was in high school, people were quite big into dying their hair with Kool-Aid. or coloring it with markers. True everyone thought that was what I was going for when I came to school with my hair a shade of purple... sadly it was that I dyed my hair strawberry blond and it backfired big time(at the time I was a dark blond, now my hair is a shade of reddish brown). One other time it was this nasty shade of red.. but that one was when I had first started working at my current job. :yahoo: What an impression I must have made :blush 2: I think Top the bad color with the fact that my perm I had had turned to a complete fuzz ball.

I think about that day when I came into work looking like that... and realize I think that was the day I met my best friend. I guess the goofy looking hair did not scare him off.. :dude: But nowadays my hair is basically back to its natural color, and is straight again.

Wildest hair I ever had was for homecoming skits. I was parodying a member of the administration/faculty. She was known for her bright crayon colored hair. So I had a nearly six hour process the night of the skits, curling my hair into really tight curls, then making them fuzzy and spraypainting my hair flourescent orange.

It is definately not just for women. If you want it blue, and you can get by with it at work... go for it. If you want it red.. go for that. But temporary or semi-permanent is the way to go at first, just in case you decide you do not like the results. If you like them then go for the permanent stuff.

When I was in high school, people were quite big into dying their hair with Kool-Aid. or coloring it with markers. True everyone thought that was what I was going for when I came to school with my hair a shade of purple... sadly it was that I dyed my hair strawberry blond and it backfired big time(at the time I was a dark blond, now my hair is a shade of reddish brown). One other time it was this nasty shade of red.. but that one was when I had first started working at my current job. :hug: What an impression I must have made :blush 2: I think Top the bad color with the fact that my perm I had had turned to a complete fuzz ball.

I think about that day when I came into work looking like that... and realize I think that was the day I met my best friend. I guess the goofy looking hair did not scare him off.. :dude: But nowadays my hair is basically back to its natural color, and is straight again.

Wildest hair I ever had was for homecoming skits. I was parodying a member of the administration/faculty. She was known for her bright crayon colored hair. So I had a nearly six hour process the night of the skits, curling my hair into really tight curls, then making them fuzzy and spraypainting my hair flourescent orange.

308809[/snapback]

I like your hair Yillara! :yahoo:

I want my hair coloured (again!)

I had it red and that looks weird....then i dyed it back brown and it went mousy then i had blond highlights bleached in and my nana made them too thick so I got my brown back but I'd like to go black with purpble, pink and red in :hug:

Like I said - Go for it Sea Trooper!

(I curled my hair last night for today.....I'll put a pic up in my Log when the piccie arrives in email :hug: )

Thanks AoD!! :P

If you check my profile, I have a current photo of me with my new haircolor. I decided to get my hair cut back short, and dye it a darker shade. The light reddish brown in my old avatar and photo is my real hair color.. but I decided for something more deeper in color(the color I got was Reddish brown).

:o Most people who have seen the new cut & color seem to like it (I adore it :P !!!)... save for my father who keeps complaining "Why did she have to go and dye her hair black?!?! Can't she deal with her real hair color???"(which is what he said to my mother today, she was the one who cut and dyed it for me :P )

My mom simply replied to him, "It is her hair, so it is her choice. I have said that when she was little, and I say that now that she is almost 25"

Edited by Yillara_Soong

lol. Sorry to hear about that Yillara. But you'll never know what you like until you finally do it :wink2:

I think I might try that Kool-aid thing. I'll just have to bleach my hair first. And don't worry, you know I'll send a picture of my new hair when I finally do it :partytime:

That black, purple, pink and red sounds great Angel! :P I'd like the combination of orange and purple hair myself, but one step at a time :P

lol. Sorry to hear about that Yillara. But you'll never know what you like until you finally do it :wink2:

that is true.. When I was out with my mom picking the hair color I have now ( :P :P ), we were discussing other times I had dyed my hair. Believe it or not, she said she actually kinda thought that purple color I accidentally ended up with looked pretty good. She liked the purple, LOL. Not that I would try it again though.

I forgot... I have on more than one Halloween put different color temporary streaks in my hair. Green usually, since taht is my favorite color. EmilSoong, my sister, put blue in her hair. It was the stuff that washes away in one shampoo.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

I'm allergic to hair colour , believe it or not. One birthday my friend went the hair dressers with me. I had blonde colour put on. When sitting with my friend, my face went red and I yelled "Is it supposed to like burn like this?!".

The hair dresser said "Dear, is supposed to other wise it wont work".

But then she saw my hair and dragged me to the sink I was :P .

My head went like sore sunburn.

I have harmony hair colour on the bottom of my hair up to the top. It burns when it touches the skelp.

NEVER AGAIN :o :P

I'm allergic to hair colour , believe it or not. One birthday my friend went the hair dressers with me. I had blonde colour put on. When sitting with my friend, my face went red and I yelled "Is it supposed to like burn like this?!".

The hair dresser said "Dear, is supposed to other wise it wont work".

But then she saw my hair and dragged me to the sink I was  :P .

My head went like sore sunburn.

I have harmony hair colour on the bottom of my hair up to the top. It burns when it touches the skelp.

NEVER AGAIN  :o  :P

309555[/snapback]

oww!

I will admit, if it is a bleach.. that stuff burns my scalp. I try to get dyes that has either low or no ammonia because that stuff irritates too.

I have rather sensitive skin(I have an skin allergy to acetic acid...AKA vinegar, and a couple other chemicals, ammonia being one. So I have to be really really careful. If I leave vinegar on my skin for less than 20 seconds it will turn my skin bright red and if I let it stay for a minute sometimes can even raise almost a blister). But to have it react like your's did, I am glad to hear that the hairdresser got that stuff off your hair before it did more damage(beyond the sunburn feeling)

Edited by Yillara_Soong

yea like it was so not fun my hair was hot lol

oh btw call me coz its better than xx

Well I'm not keeping on about it but please, whatever you do and even if you have done it before, test it first!!!

i have sensitive skin from my dad's side of the family. i'm allergic to metal to and i can't touch money for long :bow::bow:

i have sensitive skin from my dad's side of the family. i'm allergic to metal to and i can't touch money for long  :bow:  :bow:

309803[/snapback]

Hey Cara.. is it more so gold or silver that bugs your skin more?? In my case it is gold that bugs my skin, and both do if it is merely gold or silver plated versus real gold or silver.

So when it comes to wearing jewelry 99 percent of what I wear is silver.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

Lol, that's what a visa's for!

309833[/snapback]

:bow::bow::bow: :P :) Yeah, I agree I'll just stick to my bank card......wait.... i don't have anything in it...... *sneeks to her mum* mummmm, can i borrow your credit card????

Hey Cara.. is it more so gold or silver that bugs your skin more??

Well I can wear gold and silver. I'm allergic to something that people call "cheap metal" which is nickel in earrings and stuff. I have to paint my jewellery with nail polish to avoid contact. One time, my jeans' button touched my skin and my stomach grew into huge blisters then into burning orange goo-like stuff all over my stomach (EWWWWW).... so, for god's sake, test your product and stuff before!!!!

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx

Hey Cara.. is it more so gold or silver that bugs your skin more??

Well I can wear gold and silver. I'm allergic to something that people call "cheap metal" which is nickel in earrings and stuff. I have to paint my jewellery with nail polish to avoid contact. One time, my jeans' button touched my skin and my stomach grew into huge blisters then into burning orange goo-like stuff all over my stomach (EWWWWW).... so, for god's sake, test your product and stuff before!!!!

309878[/snapback]

Yeah.. that would be the stuff. In my case, the nickel in it turns my skin this odd shade of bluish green and the skin will burn slightly and later on will peel. Worst it ever gets is these tiny blisters where the metal has touched the skin the longest. I also have a problem with the silver and gold plating(that also usually has nickel in it) on earrings, because when I take the earrings back out of my ear.. the plating has eroded away and is still in my ear!