Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Trip's character development

From Trektoday

A day after news leaked of Jolene Blalock's objections to the T'Pol-Tucker relationship on Star Trek: Enterprise, Connor Trinneer has been quoted as saying "If they're going to do that again, I sure hope they make it evolve."

At UPN's fall press preview in Los Angeles last week, according to Sci Fi Wire, Trinneer said that he liked the developing dynamic between Tucker and Captain Archer and the darker aspects of his character, but expressed some of the same frustration Blalock did about the stop-and-go romance. "If that's going to happen, then make it go in a direction," Trinneer insisted.

It should read a day after Blalock insulted his character..

Anyway, one of my favorite scenes was (don't remember episoded title) when Archer was questioning his actions and Trip said "you did the right thing" something T'Pol had always been saying.

I also liked the scene in "The Hatchery" where Trip told Archer to get some rest. He joked - don't make me shoot you again, but I think it marked one of the first times that Trip stood up to and held his ground against Archer.

I hope they follow this development in season four.

I agree with everything that Jolene said and admire her very much for saying it - at least she seems to have a grasp of who her character is meant to be - it was never a credible romantic relationship - but has endless possiblities in other directions.

I think the Trip / Archer relationship if anything has suffered in season three with Archer ignoring his friend and indeed anybody that had an opinion other than his. If they get back to the established friendship that the pair are supposed to enjoy in season four I will be very happy - they have a good dynamic.

I would love to see Trip's darker side explored - his sister's death will have stirred up a good deal. I probably mean his more emotional nature not darker side as I can't imagine he is anything other than a basically good man. Trip 'feels' deeply, for himself and on behalf of others and the tensions that can raise will always make interesting drama.

I would also like to see Trip's darker side. His character has grown so much over the past 3 years and he has become great character in the Star Trek universe. I do hope the Trip/T'Pol relationship continues and grows, maybe even have the first Vulcan/Human marrage!!! Now that would be cool!