Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Trek Sideburns

Do you like Star Treks pointed sideburns ?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Star Treks pointed sideburns ?

• Yes, they are cool
    • No, they are pretty silly looking
    • No opinion
    • Yes, That's the look I want
    • Yes, I'm trying to grow and trim mine that way
    • Hahahahahahahahahah You're serious ? lol hahahhahaha
    • Other opinion

Probably an old question..But what do you think of them ? Do you like them or do you think they're ridiculous ? If you saw someone in real life with them would you laugh or think they are cool ? I happen to like them and have been thinking about growing and trimming mine that way..Yeah..funny huh ? Not sure if I'll go thru with it..I do like to change my looks occasionally..And besides..I can I always shave them off if they look bad !!

What do ya think ?

Actually, the reason why all of the TOS sideburns are like that is to maintain continuity. They were actually fake pieces. TV shows are usually not shot from beginning to end, and sometimes actors will shoot a scene for one episode one day, the next day for an episode that will air 3 weeks later, then back to the first episode. Guys sometimes get their sideburns a little off when they shave in the morning so the producers had 2 choices - either hire a barber to shave the men's sideburns so they look the same every time or use fake sideburns.

As to why they had that particular shape I have no idea.

When I was in high school, I shaved my sideburns to a point to match the Trek style. After a while, it sort of caught on, and several other people did it as well.

Now, I just don't have sideburns - too hot in the summer.

I actually liked them...I was just thinking about them the other day and how cool looking they must have been back in the day...

...I want sideburns...