Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Special Chat Room Trivia Session

What kind of special session would you like to see?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of special session would you like to see?

• Wheel of Fortune Based Trivia
    • Star-Trek-Chain
    • TEAM-PLAY
    • Other (please explain)

In our August 14th or 28th chat room trivia session we are going to do something different. In the past we have had a Wheel of Fortune based chat room session, a game similar to "The Weakest Link" (Star-Trek-Chain), and TEAM-PLAY. I would like all of you, the trivia participants, to decide which one of those (or something new you would like to do) in session 22 or 23.

Here's a little info about the three listed:

Wheel of Fortune Based Trivia:

Now you all know how to play Wheel of Fortune (at least hopefully) so I won't have to go over the major rules. Of course when we play here it will be a bit different. We don't have a "wheel" to spin. What will substitute for the wheel will be a die. When it comes to your turn I will role a 12 faced die . . . .

1 = 1 point

2 = Bankrupt

3 = 1 point

4 = 1/2 a point

5 = Free Role ("Free Spin") / 1.5 points

6 = 1/4 a point

7 = Lose a Turn

8 = 1/2 a Point

9 = Bankrupt

10 = 1/4 a point

11 = 1/4 a point

12 = 3 points!

Yes, you can buy a vowel. A vowel will cost you 1/2 a point. (If you want to buy a vowel please do so before I roll the die)

Please wait until it is your turn. I will call out whose turn it is doing each turn.

Star-Trek-Chain:

Star-Trek-Chain

--Trivia Session Rules/Guidelines--

As you will learn this game will kind of be like The Weakest Link, but there will be no voting off people or anything to that nature. The team will work together throughout the game.

*Star-Trivia-Chain will require team work!

*Each participant will be asked one question at a time

**As I (Master Q) ask "person 1" a question that person will respond w/ the answer.

**Then "person 2" will be asked if he or she agrees w/ person 1’s answer. If person 2 does not agree, then that person can change the answer and then I (Master Q) will give the real answer. If person 2 agrees, then I will give the real answer and will give the new question to person 2. . . . and so on

***Simply stated: you want to create a chain of correct answers

****During your turn get your question wrong and if the person after you does not correct you then the chain is broken

****If you say the word BANK before I ask your question then the points are saved in the bank

****If the team gets five questions correct in a row, then the team will automatically get those points put into the bank and start a brand new chain

****DO NOT FORGET – make sure you bank when you need to . . . If you do not bank then you risk losing the team’s points

The Chain of Command . . . .

Super 5 ~ 10 points

Pre-Super 4 ~ 7 points

Mean 3 ~ 5 points

Cool 2 ~ 3 points

Average 1 ~ 1 point

(When I say Super 5 that means that 5 questions were correctly answered in a row ...)

TEAM-PLAY:

-Players choose teams before the actual Star Trek Trivia session starts

-Only two players to a team (no more -- no less)

-If you can’t find a partner (if there is an odd # of participants) then send me a PM and I’ll make it up to you in the next session.

-When the session starts it will work out about the same in terms of answering questions...

-*I’ll ask a question then if you think you know the answer you can then post that answer in the STF public chat room

-*First come, first serve, period (note: having a dial-up does not hinder your ability – that’s more of a myth then reality.)

-*Each question is worth 2 points (unless otherwise noted)

-To promote teamplay during the session --- for every two point scored by BOTH members of a team, 3 additional bonus points will be awarded to that team

-*Example) If team-x player 1 scores four points and team-x player 2 scores eight points during the game ------ then team-x would receive an additional bonus of 6 points will be received!! (So teamplay IS an important factor in becoming the winning team)

-Points are shared between players on a team (However --- if a member of a team does not participate and help then I will only give the points to the member of the team who did participate)

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

you did some wheel of fortune with the regular trivia chat a while ago and I liked it....

you did some wheel of fortune with the regular trivia chat a while ago and I liked it....

Okay, but please note that this is different then the "Wheel of Fortune" questions in a normal session. In this kind of session we go through the process of guessing letters and taking turns.

Master Q

I'm going to "bump" this poll. Keep sending in your votes.

Session 23 (Saturday, August 28th at 4:00pm Easter Time) we will be having the special trivia session of your choosing. The upcoming session will be a normal session (Saturday, August 14th at 4:00pm Easter Time).

I have also been thinking about another trivia session we could do. What do you guys think about a Jeopardy themed session? We could do that on session 23 (or a future session).

Master Q

Rivendells_king:

Star-Trek-Chain is similar to "The Weakest Link." However, there are some major differences. There is no voting off, everyone keeps the points, and when I ask a question to person "A" I will next ask person "B" if he/she agrees...

So is your vote for "Star-Trek-Chain" or a pure game of "The Weakest Link"?

Master Q

Send in your votes!! I will be closing the poll later on tonight.

Right now we have a tie. If the tie remains when I close the poll, then I'll flip a coin.

Master Q

Okay, but please note that this is different then the "Wheel of Fortune" questions in a normal session. In this kind of session we go through the process of guessing letters and taking turns.

Master Q

244405[/snapback]

Pardon me, master Q, but isn't that 'Hangman'?

Kind of, but it is closer to the TV-game-show "Wheel of Fortune." In a "Wheel of Fortune" trivia session you will virtually spin the wheel to get a point-value. That point-value, let's call it "x," will determine how many points you will make if you guessed a correct letter (the exception is a vowel---you have to buy those with your points), multiplied by the number of those particular letters are in the puzzle.

If you guessed the correct consonant or vowel (and I confirmed it), then you can spin or buy a vowel again. You can continue to do this until you lose your turn or you solve the puzzle.

If you did not guess correctly, then the next person in line will spin the wheel of buy a vowel.

We keep doing this until someone solves the puzzle.

Master Q