Sign in to follow this  
nemesis59

Which Lord of the Rings movie you liked better?

which LOFR movie you liked better?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. which LOFR movie you liked better?

• Lord of the Rings:The fellowship of the Ring
    • Lord of the Rings:The two towers

BLAH! ( Apologies to all LOTR fans) Neither film did it for me and I never quite understood the huge deal that everyone made of it..I almost fell asleep in the theatre if not for my friend keepin me awake.

Can't decide. Both great but probably lean towards FOR because I was in awe that they could actually bring Middle Earth to life! The Nazgul are able to deliver more of a shiver and sense of foreboding when they ride the horses than when they ride the dragons.... can't think what they are called.

But in the Two Towers this scene had my heart breaking and experiencing such a heart felt loss and a sense of anguish.

Click for Spoiler:

lurtz_fyc_arwenaragorn_tn.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

When Arwen has to decide if she stays with Aragorn or leaves with the elves. She is seen beside Aragorn's crypt facing life all alone.

Also loved the Marsh of the Dead scene- had a real Pre-Raphaelite feel...love Millias' Ophelia.

Click for Spoiler:

011_3494.jpg

I have to go with FOTR on this one. The second move definatly had more action and it moved a bit faster but it didn't capture me like the first one did. The first one had me on the edge of my seat through most of the film. There may have been less action but what there was seemed a lot more pure.

In defense of Two Towers however I've only seen each film once so far so my view may change over time.

I have only seen the first one yet, but don't tick me off because I live in New Zealand, and it was made here

We went to see the first one at the movies, but my hubby complained that it was far too loud. :lol: So we will have to wait until it comes out on video. :lol:

Stardate:213463.2

Even though it didnt really stay true to the book i liked Two Towers better than Fellowship by far.

I voted for the two towers as I thought that the first one kinda draged but it had to to introduce the people but I have to agree with bysty and thayln they did not stay true to the book(as I have read the set twice) in the two towers and made some of the people look more evil than they should have but I know that the last one will be the best as it closes the story and I really hope it gets best picture as it has been shafted for the last two movies