Sign in to follow this  
Syperphobia

Picard's Transformation

What do you guys think about his acting transformation, I still am shocked on how he so much looks like Xavier, but feel disapointed that he has to use the wheel chair. I guess it is a break from walking around Enterprise :laugh:

They couldn't have picked a better person to play Professor X, however, I don't think it takes full advantage of his acting abilities.

It doesn't surprise me how good he is in X-Men. Patrick Stewart is an incredible actor. He's great in anything he does.

It doesn't surprise me how good he is in X-Men.  Patrick Stewart is an incredible actor.  He's great in anything he does.

I agree...or how about him in Conspiracy Theory! That movie was great.

i agree he makes a perfect prof. x. and conspiracy theory was great. but anyone got any ideas why he seems to be the only one that keeps up on his career over the rest of TNG crew. what happened to them?

but a better x they couldnt find. :innocent:

I never knew the man played in any other movie, I just think it is creepy how much he looks and acts like Professor X from the original X Men Series

Have any of you seen Safe House? You see Patrick's acting skills come to the fore which you really don't see in the big budget special effect movies.

hes not the only one...whoopi goldberg is probably the biggest of all the actors, jeri ryan has a new tv show and colm meaney has been getting consistent irish roles...come to think of it, scott bakula and avery brooks and rene arboubujoiuis all had sucessful careers before star trek

I would strongly suggest anyone who wants to see Patrick Stewart in amazing leading roles try to find copies of Moby (Please stop me from cursing) and A Christmas Carol. Both productions were made for television but are available on DVD.

They couldn't have picked a better person to play Professor X, however, I don't think it takes full advantage of his acting abilities.

That's pretty much my opinion, although I think he did fine in X-Men (with regards to his acting, I mean...I don't think it limited him in any way...or in many ways, anyways)

It doesn't surprise me how good he is in X-Men.  Patrick Stewart is an incredible actor.  He's great in anything he does.

I agree...or how about him in Conspiracy Theory! That movie was great.

I liked him in both of those. He's been fantastic as Xavier. I don't think Singer could have possibly picked a better actor. And playing against McKellen as Magneto makes him even better.

Too bad I didn't like him that much as Picard.