Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Update

Hello all :laugh:

I decided to take a small break and get on the computer to give an update to all of you on what’s going on....

We have been looking for a home in the Midwest, but due to certain reasons we are probably going to buy a house in the Southwest instead. We have found some good homes that are of reasonable cost and have pretty low taxes in this area. It is a little bit disappointing that we will not be living we were originally wanted to, but things have changed and certain factors (family reasons & health reasons, job, college,...) have made us lean towards the areas in which we have lived for the past years. However, I’ll still be pretty busy. I also want to buy a new car and a few other things. Sometimes all of this is kind of nerve racking, but when you’re looking for a new house that’s how it always is. (And you know, I have moved countless times......so even after lots of previous moves finding a new home, is just as nerve racking as it always has been...lol)

I think I should also comment on something....

As for the death of Ronald Reagan, it seems is to both a sad event and a blessing to the family. Alzheimer's disease as you know is extremely horrible.... and in truth he died a long time ago. As for the man ---- there is no better example of an American and the American dream ------ there is NO other. His profound, deep, and truthful love of the American people was paramount. His principles in the American values of liberty ---- of freedom were true and solid. Freedom, individuality, ownership of you & your property are not separable. From my perspective Reagan is the greatest modern President. He has been the most upholding of what are founders have set. I have been hearing many stories of people meeting Reagan....and it is just incredible. Some have said they have met him twice and that he even remembered during the second time meeting him that remembered meeting them....He is just amazing. He was not an “actor” as a president --- he was all real. I have parts of a book which contains many of the written letters Reagan has written as reply to the many letters Reagan received as president. Reagan felt it important to reply back to all letters he received. After reading many of them it shows his true heart, humor, and extremely bright intelligence. God bless Ronald Wilson Reagan.

Reagan’s Farewell to the Nation: http://www.americanpresidents.org/ram/amp121099_i.ram

If I can, then I’ll give another update. And if we build a house, that might allow me to come back to StarTrekFans.net a little sooner. However, that time coming back sooner would substitute for another quick break for a week or two (max) once the house is built.

I’ll be seeing everyone. Everyone have a great summer.........

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Thanks for stopping in for a quick visit and update on your progress MQ. :laugh: Good luck with everything. Hope to see you again soon when your all settled or before if possible.

Thanks for dropping in and giving us an update..The Southwest ? Well..That must be a little disappointing for you but I'm sure it'll work out for the best..You have a great summer as well..Pop in when you can..

Ronald Reagan was a great American and the best President that I can remember..Even if he was a Republican.. :laugh:

Miss you in Kronos, MQ! :roflmao: Hope you move goes well and that you are satisfied with your final choices!

It seems that we are indeed going to build a house here in the Southwest. So I'm back. Like I stated --- it is kind of disappointing that what we originally wanted did not come to past, but that's how it goes. However, when I visited the Midwest it was great to be back there. I lived there before and it's sooo green (lol). And it was great to go back to my favorite city (Chicago) to visit and eat. I wish I still had my scanner because I want to show some of the great post-cards I bought. These post-cards are extra long and show Chicago's skyline. We also went to what is called by many "the best restaurant for food and wine in the world" --- Charlie Trotter's Restaurant (5 Stars, 5 Diamonds)....

Anyways, we'll try to jump start some Star Trek trivia in the chat room soon. After that sooner or later we'll 'resurrect' Trek-News-Talk. I'll try to get a few special guests to participate in it at a future date & time. (I'll make a topic in the Trek News forum concerning this.)

In the previous Trek-News-Talk chat (it was an "open chat") I mentioned that one of my goals is to start watching ENT. So I'll try to do that. It has been a while. If it holds my attention, then I'll continue to watch it. If it does not and seems more of a burden to watch, then I won't. (But I'll see...) It would be good to catch up on those DVD sets, but I have put that aside and wait with all of these other bills that will be coming.

Also, I want to thank everyone for their support and encouragement. I appreciate it greatly. And thanks very much for those that sent me an e-mail. I will respond soon.

Hope everyone had a good June so far.... :dude:

Master Q

Welcome back, master_q!!! You've been missed!

bullwhip.gif

Thanks everyone, it is good to be back!

Indy, did you get my reply e-mail? (I just want to make sure.)

{Note to myself: I'll have to dig up the transcripts for the last trivia session}

Master Q

Indy, did you get my reply e-mail? (I just want to make sure.)

Master Q

Yes, I did. And I've replied to your reply. :blink:

It's great to have you back, MQ. Looking forward to more chats!!