Sign in to follow this  
Korthedaharmaster

I Know Future Guy's Race

Ok so I put all of seaons 1. 2. and 3 from video to dvd and edited out the commercials(by the way they are awsome). Any way i was watching Brokenbow the first episode. The first time we see future guy he is in that room thats all messed up. They do a close up of him he is in the shadows. But i slowed it way down and zoomed in and it clearly shows pointed ears with the vulcan/romulan hair cut. Now i belive that he is Soval myself. But I know for sure he is Romulan/Vulcan.

Do you have a picture of it, so those of us who are to lazy to look it up ourselves can comment on it?

My copy of Broken Bow is a WAV file so the resolution's not too good, but I agree. Future Guy looks like he has pointy ears. I think he could be Romulan.

Or maybe he was just having a bad hair day - wings? Or maybe he was wearing fake ears to make the Suliban and everyone else think he was Romulan/Vulcan? Who knows?

I just rewatched "Broken Bow" myself the other day and another interesting thing I noticed was that Archer, as a boy, sees T'Pol on the beach either in person or as a hallucination. What was that about?

Stardate:214236.7

Hmm well I always figured he was a Romulan.

I think I can add a few pieces to the puzzle of the identity of Future Guy.

BEWARE - Small spoilers regarding "Zero Hour" are included!

1. Maybe this person is a Vulcan or Romulan, I cannot say

2. I can say that Future Guy is not Soval because in all instances Future Guy has been played by James Horan. Gary Graham plays Soval. James Horan who plays Future Guy (formally known as Humaniod Figure) is not new to Star Trek. He has appeared in episode 248 (Suspicions) of TNG as Jo'Bril (a Takaran)

3. Other species have ears similar in shape to those of the vulcans.

Example 1: Mintakans - they look almost identical to Vulcan's.

Example 2: Ocampans - similar ear shape and similar hair.

Example 3: Remans - similar ears and lack of hair could appear as a Vulcan/Romulan haircut in shape in the temporal chamber.

Example 4: The alien seen at the end of "Zero Hour". He had vulcan like ears.

My point is that Future Guy is not Soval, but Future Guy may have some Vulcan like traits or even be Vulcan but he could also be one of many other species encountered in Star Trek. Furthermore, the signal sent by Future Guy to the temporal chamber might not even be his true image. Holograhic images have been used in recordings before to fool the audience. At any rate, I suspect that Future Guy may be the alien seen at the end of "Zero Hour". It is about time they reveal Future Guy and the context of the situation makes it plausible for the Nazi Alien to be him. The bottom line is this: all we have is speculation and we will likely never know until they finally tell us on the show... but keep on guessin'. I know I will!

I am glad to have the additional info that Future Guy is representing himself as a humanoid with pointed ears. The plot thickens!

I'll add to Captain Bolivar's list of pointed eared aliens: the vorta.

Guest Mike_Hines01

Thats an interesting theory, but I don't think Future Guy is Soval because according to Daniels he comes from about 500 years into the future.