Sign in to follow this  
Trinneergirl

Dominic Keating Interview.

Hi, on Sunday June 13th, teletext (ITV).

Page 132.

1/3.............................................................

Star Trek: Enterprise actor Dominic Keating has blasted British TV's current obession with reality shows.

Leicester-born Dominic, who stars as Lt Malcolm Reed in the sci-fi drama, is holidaying here and he told TV Plus: "It's almost getting as bad as US TV with all these reality shows such as Big Brother and Hell's Kitchen.

"It is very worrying but it seems as if the dumbing down of TV is universal. It has happened in America and it's happening here."

2/3....................................................................

Star Trek: Enterprise's Dominic Keating joked that he might have considered taking part in Hell's Kitchen if the sci-fi show hadn't landed a fourth run.

In spite of his dislike for reality shows, he says: "Maybe if we hadn't got the go-ahead for another Enterprise I might have loved being in Hell's Kitchen but I don't think I have sunk that far yet."

Dominic Stars as Malcolm Reed in the sci-fi series shown here by Sky One and Channel 4.

3/3....................................................................

While he dislikes reality shows such as Hell's Kitchen and Big Brother, Star Trek: Enterprise actor Dominic Keating is keen to work in Britain again.

British born Dominic has spent the last 10 years in Los Angeles - the past three playing Lt Malcom Reed in the sci-fi drama.

Dominic, who shot to fame in Channel 4's Desmonds in the late '80's, told TV Plus: "I'd love to appear in a UK TV drama. Ideally in the future I'll work on both sides of the Atlantic."

reality T.V. isn't too bad here in the U.S. but it is pretty bad...