Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

A new TOS film?

Heres an idea, how about a film version of the Animated Star Trek?

Would it have to be TOS (since DeForrest Kelley has passed away and other people are quite ill) or could it be any series.

Would it have to be TOS (since DeForrest Kelley has passed away and other people are quite ill) or could it be any series.

They could get someone who sounds like him. It won't happen anyway but it could be considered as a fitting tribute to show that he is not really dead, as long as we remember him and watch him on the screen.

My friend and I were discussing once that maybe they should use the same voices from the older animated television show and just updated the animation. Some of the bad voicing would be there, but maybe some of that will be over looked if the animated part had more quaility. And perhaps we can finally accept it as canon.

Another thing I'd like to see is a final fantasy like video game rpg version of Star Trek. FFI-IX never used voices so you wouldn't have worry about that, just make sure the musical score is really really good.

Wouldn't appeal to me i'm afraid, sorry

I hate to say this but, I agree that TOS ended with Trek VI and I don't think the animated series would particularly transfer well to the big screen. I mean, it COULD work, but I know I probably wouldn't see it.

Heck, Lucas is doing a toon series about the Clone Wars so why shouldn’t Trek visit the toon well again? Any new series (or mini-series or direct to video movie(s)) would not have to take place after ST6 right? (Although Sulu Adventures easily could.) I have heard talk about doing a Kirk and Co at the Academy for years, where is it? I have heard others say that either of those ideas would interest them.

When it comes to the Trek Universe, the possibilities are endless and I want more of those possibilities to see the light of day. What is stopping them... profitability?

Heck, Lucas is doing a toon series about the Clone Wars so why shouldn’t Trek visit the toon well again? Any new series (or mini-series or direct to video movie(s)) would not have to take place after ST6 right? (Although Sulu Adventures easily could.) I have heard talk about doing a Kirk and Co at the Academy for years, where is it? I have heard others say that either of those ideas would interest them.

When it comes to the Trek Universe, the possibilities are endless and I want more of those possibilities to see the light of day. What is stopping them... profitability?

Sounds like your talking about TPTB as if they are Ferengi...heehee...I guess profitablity would be a deciding factor.

I will not take TOS with out McCOy, just as i wont take TNG without Data!!