Sign in to follow this  

I can never choose a best season. Each season had some very special episodes that could make it the best season. I don't think I would call season 1 the best although I did enjoy many episodes from that season. If you were to ask which was the worst season I wouldn't be able to answer that question as I don't think there was a "worst" season.

Sorry, but I think the first season was the worst. Of course, that's worst in star trek terms meaning it still had lots of great episodes. I think season 4 was the best.

First season was the worst by far. As stated, it's just bad by star trek standards, which are very high. There were a couple of good episodes, but the alien of the week episodes didn't do it for me.

I thought there were some good episodes in season one, but I probably wouldn't call it my favorite. I really liked six, but there were also some really good episodes from 4, and all good things was in seven, but then the offspring was in three......argh! its just too hard to decide!

I think I didn't like season 1 very much cause it felt like the actors were still figuring out who their charactor was. After that they seemed more comfortable in their roles.

I like the first season it had some good episodes, The Naked Now, The Big Goodbye, The Neutral Zone.. :angry:

I like the first season it had some good episodes, The Naked Now, The Big Goodbye, The Neutral Zone..  :angry:

I love The Neutral Zone! One of my all time favorite episodes!1037816576.gif

Isn't that the most amazing thing about Trek. Even the worst of Trek is miles above the best of most other television series. woot.gif

I like all the first season episodes and think that the atmosphere thay created was superb. I really like:

Code of Honor (Very TOS feel about it)

Lonely Among Us (A good political message)

The Battle

Hide and Q

The Big Goodbye

Datalore

Too Short a Season (Very good episode)

Home Soil

Arsenal of Freedom

Skin of Evil

We'll Always have Paris

and my favourite Conspiracy

Best season....worst season....I can't pick those...I like all but a handful of episodes..and even then I like sections of those as well. Exception being..Shades of Grey!!

I think I didn't like season 1 very much cause it felt like the actors were still figuring out who their charactor was. After that they seemed more comfortable in their roles.

I agree with you UhuraRiker. Especially when it comes to Data. I think his character changed more over the years than anyone else's.

It did Shinzon fan, but I think that he was supposed to start off liike a "blank board" and become more human as the show went along. He was SUPPOSED to change (I acyually think him and Crusher had the most consistent personalities)

As for best season, I can't decide. Not on a worst, not on a best...

It did Shinzon fan, but I think that he was supposed to start off liike a "blank board" and become more human as the show went along. He was SUPPOSED to change (I acyually think him and Crusher had the most consistent personalities)

As for best season, I can't decide. Not on a worst, not on a best...

I agree...and that is why I think he is such a popular character...because he changed so much and yet stayed the same in a way...he was so easy for many of us to relate to..

TransporterMalfunction,

What do you mean Lonely Among us had a good Political Message. I find that an interesting comment. Can you elaborate.

Anyway, I don't think season 1 is the "Best" season, but it gets a tremendously bad rap. I have been watching this season on DVD lately and have been impressed. I still think the best season would either go to season 4 or 5. However, episodes I do like in season 1 include:

Lonely Among Us

The Battle

Home Soil

Where no One has gone before

Hide and Q (I love the use of literature in this episode)

Datalore

Coming of age

Heart of Glory

The Arsenal of Freedom

We'll always have Paris

Conspiracy (The best episode of the season)

The Neutral Zone

Wow, thats quite a list. This season is indeed underrated.

TransporterMalfunction,

What do you mean Lonely Among us had a good Political Message. I find that an interesting comment. Can you elaborate.

Anyway, I don't think season 1 is the "Best" season, but it gets a tremendously bad rap. I have been watching this season on DVD lately and have been impressed. I still think the best season would either go to season 4 or 5. However, episodes I do like in season 1 include:

Lonely Among Us

The Battle

Home Soil

Datalore

Coming of age

Heart of Glory

The Arsenal of Freedom

We'll always have Paris

The Neutral Zone

Even though it is seen as a weak season, it really is good in it's own respect...just look at your list and you can easily see that it is true.

TransporterMalfunction,

Lonely Among Us

The Battle

Home Soil

Datalore

Coming of age

Heart of Glory

The Arsenal of Freedom

We'll always have Paris

The Neutral Zone

I totally forgot about The Arsenal of Freedom. I really liked that episode.

TransporterMalfunction,

Sorry, I got my episode titles mixed up. For some reason I said Lonely Among Us when I was thinking of Symbiosis, but I like Lonely Among Us as well.

don't worry bout it - I'm always getting confuzzled. Just ask...anyone.

Confuzzled......I really like that word. confuzzled, confuzzled, confuzzled. updown.gif

It is impossible to decide, all seasons hade some great episodes and some very good.. But then there was Shades of gray, the last ep. on season 2.. The only really bad episode on TNG, so that makes season 2 the worst (god, I really hate it, will never watch it again) :innocent:

It is impossible to decide, all seasons hade some great episodes and some very good.. But then there was Shades of gray, the last ep. on season 2.. The only really bad episode on TNG, so that makes season 2 the worst (god, I really hate it, will never watch it again)  :innocent:

Wow, one bad episode makes season 2 the worst? You do know that they had a writers Guild Strike that year so they didn't have the money to do a good cliffhanger. There were many good episodes in season 2 (Most are extreemly underrated like:

Unnatural Selection

A Matter of Honor

Contagion

Q Who

A Measure of a man

Elementery Dear Data

Peek Performance

Times Squared

Yeah, the second season ended badly (Even though I actually like Shades of Gray, don't hurt me :( ) there were many good episodes. One episode doesn't make the entire season bad.

Confuzzled......I really like that word. confuzzled, confuzzled, confuzzled. updown.gif

lol!

I didnt really like the one with two Picards...I thought he acted pretty stupidly (don't kill me either!!!). I mean, he knew leaving the ship was what set off the chain of events in the first place - they figured it out earlier in the episode, and yet as soon as the time comes, that's exactly what he's about to do until he sudden;y changes his mind and kills the other Picard...? (I understood it, and I don;t think the episode is BAD, I just didn't like it that much, is all)

lol!

I didnt really like the one with two Picards...I thought he acted pretty stupidly (don't kill me either!!!). I mean, he knew leaving the ship was what set off the chain of events in the first place - they figured it out earlier in the episode, and yet as soon as the time comes, that's exactly what he's about to do until he sudden;y changes his mind and kills the other Picard...? (I understood it, and I don;t think the episode is BAD, I just didn't like it that much, is all)

I agree...that was definately one of the weaker episodes of Season 2...and we all know Shades of Grey are definately on the top of my I really don't like this episode list. Wait it is the only one on that list!!!!

lol!

I agree...that was definately one of the weaker episodes of Season 2...and we all know Shades of Grey are definately on the top of my I really don't like this episode list. Wait it is the only one on that list!!!!

opps :laugh:

Just look at my top ten and you'll understand.