Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Foundation - Screenplay In Progress

Vintar Adapts Foundation

Screenwriter Jeff Vintar (I, Robot) told SCI FI Wire that he is working on film adaptations of SF author Isaac Asimov's epic Foundation trilogy of books, with Shekhar Kapur attached to direct. The trilogy will be consolidated into two scripts, Foundation and Second Foundation, with much of the first book's events summarized as backstory, Vintar said in an interview.

"Each story is separated usually by a period of 100, 200 or 300 years," Vintar said. "Each story has a new set of characters. So adapting it into the film comes with a unique series of problems. How can I create something which is still recognizably Foundation, and yet give us a narrative that has the requirements of a film?"

Vintar added that the studio, 20th Century Fox, encouraged him to focus on the latter half of the trilogy's timeframe. "So much of the Foundation stories take place over the course of, I think, 500 years, that we're narrowing down our story to the latter half of the period. The story that we're interested in telling—[that] the studio's interested in telling—seems to lend itself to two films. That's what we're trying to do right now. But we'll see how it goes." No cast or production announcements have been made.

ScifiWire

That would be cool but I would rather see books 4 and 5. Both books have the same people in it and I think the storys are really good as I have read foundation and earth at least 8 times.