There's plenty to learn and do over at Garfield.com, but I'd like to discuss him here at STF. I've also got a Garfield forum setup at my forums. If anyone's interrest, PM me.

So, who's going to be seeing the movie next month? Did you watch the cartoon series when it aired on CBS? Do you read the comic strips in the news paper or on the official website? What do you think of Garfield? Are you a fan, or do you like him like you would any other cartoon character?

Here's today's comic strip:

Click for Spoiler:

ga040512.gif

I've always liked the Garfield strip and the tv cartoon. I had a good number of the books when I was growing up and an army of stuffed Garfields dressed in all kinds of cute outfits.

I'm looking forward to the movie even though I think having Odie as a real dog when Garfield's not being played by a real cat is going to be weird. :force:

I'm a big Garfield fan I have lots of the comic strip compilation books and watched the cartoon series. I'm really looking forward to the movie. :thumbs:

So, who's going to be seeing the movie next month? 
Maybe. I am not sure yet.

Did you watch the cartoon series when it aired on CBS?

Yes I did, as well as the holiday specials. Matter of fact, I still have a Christmas Cartoon video which includes Garfield's Christmas (this video also had Mickey's Christmas Carol, A Charlie Brown's Christmas, and Claymation's Christmas...only sad thing is I may have to rerecord these if they come back to tv since that video I have is over 10 years old). :thumbs:

Do you read the comic strips in the news paper or on the official website? 

I read his comic strip in the newspaper, most weekends(only get the paper on Friday, Saturday and Sunday..since my mom and I tend to go to the newspaper's internet site instead to read the news). Garfield is one of my favorite classic comic strips, besides Peanuts. Many of the others are funny/good...but those two are the best overall, IMO.