Sign in to follow this  
ussacclaim

Star Trek

Ok, I'm still kinda new to the Original Series so can someone describe the bridge stations of the ship?

Start from Chekov's station and proceed clockwise describing the responsabilities of each station and any observable euipment (like those viewers on Spck's and Sulu's consoles)

Thanks for the info!

Ok, I'll try to give this a shot.

Chekov: He maintains the weapons and monitors for ships in the area

Spock is up to the right of Chekov on the upper deck. His station is the Science Station. He has a viewer there (somone else may know the more technical term) for scanning things outside the ship. He can also tell what kind of planets the Enterprise is coming up to and if they are livealbe, what their atmosphere and general make up are through the viewer.

Uhura is to the right of Spock on the upper deck. She is the communications officer. She monitors all communication systems througout the ship and to and from other ships, planets, and Starfleet.

That brings you to Kirk who is in the middle of the Bridge and he's the Captain of the ship, making all of the final decisions.

To Chekov's left is Sulu and he is the helmsman, which means he basically controls the ships movements and drives it.

I'm not sure how helpful that was, but I hope it explains things a little better. :thumbs:

Look at this. It helps me to have a plan of each bridge. The only which ever made complete sense to me was the Galaxy class style bridge. But here is a picture of the Constituion class bridge:-

Click for Spoiler:

eo-bridge.jpg Edited by Alterego

Deck one, which is the bulge in the top of the center of the saucer, is the bridge. It is a circular-shape and the nerve center of the Enterprise. This is where the Captain presides over the entire ship's complex operations.

The captain sites in the command chair in the inner, lower elevation, facing a large bridge viewing screen. Also facing the viewing screen is the Navigation station and Helmsman station. On the outer raised circular elevation of the bridge are eight individual stations.

They are: Communications station, Library-Computer station, Navigational subsystems Checkout, (this station provides information and readings on all navigational instruments and subsystems), Weapons Subsystems Check out, (this station provides data on the operation of all subsystems within the ship's weapons systems).

Also these stations are in engineering. Environmental Systems provides data on the functioning of fall components of the ship's environmental systems. Manual adjustments can be made at this station to affect ships gravity, air supply and composition, temperature, etc., Engineering subsystems Checkout, (this station provides information and readings on all engineering subsystems), Defensive Systems Monitor, (this station continually monitors the status of all defensive systems, deflector screens, etc.

Tied into the command position are the main controls for the vessel's vast computer complex which automates and affects every system aboard vessel. The system was invented by Dr. Richard Daystrom. The Library-computer station is tied into his viewers and screens and are more detailed cross-circuit regulation controls plus visual and audio information on the status of all systems and activities. From this station a report or command of override of the entire ship's functions can be done. The computer has voice-recognition circuits and is self-programming which allows it to respond to verbal orders; the computer in return can respond through a vocorder. The computer uses a female voice to respond. It was found in the 20th Century that a female voice could penetrate noise better and results in improved response by men.

info from this sight http://home.att.net/~CJMCG-JDD/

They described it and showed you better than i ever could