Sign in to follow this  
Stoek

Temporal Cold War

One of the apsects of the premise for Enterprise that I was troubled by was the temporal cold war. It seemed a bit tacked on. But then as I was reading The Eugenics Wars 2, I got to thinking about the fact that Gary Seven seems to come from in the future, and is working to safe guard Terra and it's people. In a way that could be seen as a bit of foreshadowing of the TCW I think. In fact it seems to me that it would be an excellent idea of they could get the actor who played Gary Seven to perhaps reprise the role.

Unfortunately the actor passed away in 1994 :) and Terri Garr wouldn't appear on Trek now if her life depended on it. However, it was an inspired idea. Finding out that Gary Seven's planet is involved would be rather the interesting twist that tied ENT into TOS more. I love TOS. :) I just hope that future guy is either Romulan or Vulcan. The TCW won't have any emotional bite otherwise.

The writers may still be able to pull a rabbit out of their hat (or a boner) on this subject, we'll see.

About the TCW being "tacked on", I disagree. While it is true it appears a cheap device created for the intention of glazing over the issue of ENT doing something constructive in the area of being a prequel to TOS, I think it does add to saga. Brannon has scored before with individual time travel stories ( I believe he has written every single one of them starting with TNG so if anyone is well equipped to pull it off, it's him and I maintain my faith in his ability to make this story-arc memorable.

Guest timmy84

unfortantly, Gary Seven wasn't from the future. He was sent by a alien race. He was a decendant of humans that were abducted and bred for the purpose of being placed on Earth.

I am not sure, maybe he is from a race that has been slighted and made to be the minority and he is trying to change the future to insure that his people are the ruling power in the universe.

He could be from another galaxy. Maybe he has had an experience where he sees that his life was ruined and he wants to take it out on the Federation by trying to ensure that it is not in existence in his time. Maybe he had family on a ship that was destroyed in a battle with a Starfleet vessel, ohhh maybe by one of Archer's Decendants.

Supposedly, the TCW will be involved with the season finale next Wednesday.  Has anyone else heard this?

The Expanse does not involve the Suliban.

Supposedly, the TCW will be involved with the season finale next Wednesday.  Has anyone else heard this?

The Expanse does not involve the Suliban.

It doesn't have to involve the Sulliban to be TCW related.

Click for Spoiler:

I read that the Xindi have information that the Starfleet would destroy their homeworld in a few hundread years, so they decided to attack first. I had heard that this somehow is related to the TCW. What do you think?

Daniels was from 900 years in the future.

Click for Spoiler:

The Xindi attack based on events that are supposed to happen 400 years in the future.

Daniels was from 900 years in the future. 

Click for Spoiler:

The Xindi attack based on events that are supposed to happen 400 years in the future.

Couldn't they still be...

Click for Spoiler:

...involved in the TCW? Daniels is from the 31st century, Future Guy is in the 28th century, the Sulliban are in the 22nd century, and the Xindi homehworld is supposedly destroyed by Starfleet in the 26th century. Heh, you never know!

Do you think this will be the next big story arc or only span the beginning of season 3?

from the statement of A NEW DIRECTION, it sure sounds like it'll at least be a bit of an arc, but i hope its not for a long time, we want more than just a war story for the next five years.

I've just watched Future Tense and I was wondering, T'pol's reaction to Time Travel makes it look like she has more knowledge than shes letting on about the TCW do you think the Vulcan might be Involved

Yeeeaaah, what's up with the Vulcan's insistence that "Time Travel is impossible"; there must be a connection here somewhere.

Yeeeaaah, what's up with the Vulcan's insistence that "Time Travel is impossible"; there must be a connection here somewhere.

Agreed!

Me thinks the Vulcans protest too much!

OK y'all, I finally got a chance to check out Archer's clock.

As I stated in another post, when I first saw the Suliban disks in Shockwave I, I thought that the clock disk (Cold Front) was similar and would be used to get Archer back to the 22nd Century in Shockwave II. When this didn't occur, it caused me to doubt my observations.

After rewatching Cold Front and Shockwave I several times here are my observations:

It appears that the disk portion in the clock is very much like the 3 disks Archer took from the Suliban ship in Shockwave I. At first I thought the clock disk was larger than the Suliban disks. That was due to the angle and close up of the shot. I carefully compared the size of the disks in relationship to his hands. I finally came to the conclusion that the clock disk and the Suliban disks are approximately the same size.

I also compared the appearance of the disks. There is a excellent close-up shot of the clock disk at the end of Cold Front with Archer in his Ready Room, holding it in his hands and looking at it . This shot was perfect for observing the detail on the disk surface. Although the shots of the Suliban disks in Shockwave I lacked strong detail and were at a farther distance than the shot of the clock, it does appear that the surfaces of the 3 Suliban disks are very similar to that of the clock.

The questions still remain:

1. What is the clock?

2. Will the crew/Archer figure out what it is?

3. Does the clock contain vital data regarding "history" (assuming it may come from the future)?

4.Will the clock be used/ needed to restore the timeline should it become altered?

5. Is this B&B's reset button?

A side note:

While rewatching Shockwave I, both Archer and Daniels commented on the destruction of San Francisco. Archer also commented that the destruction appeared to have occured long ago. Do you think that was a view of Earth's future after the attack by the Xindi, fortold by Future Guy?