Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Have You Read Frankenstein?

Have you read Mary Shelley's Frankenstein  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Have you read Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

• yes
    • no

Maybe because of the release of Van Helsing the history channel was running programs on "monsters" this afternoon. I caught part of a couple of them (I fell asleep :laugh: )

They said Frankenstein has been referred to as the first Science Fiction novel. The novel is very different from any movie version made and I found it to be very compelling. And it was a very good warning about experimenting in science. What have you thought of the book?

No I have not read this one either, I have seen a few movie versions and never really liked them so avoided the novel.

It's not the true science fiction....

It's fantasy....

Science fiction has to do ssmething with science not raising people from the dead....

It's not the true science fiction....

It's fantasy....

Science fiction has to do ssmething with science not raising people from the dead....

At the time it was written it was considered Science Fiction. A Mad Scientist makes a machine that with the help of electrical discharges from a lighting storm re-creates life from dead body parts, thats pretty much a Sci-Fi story to me, with a little horror thrown in from chills.

Read it and loved it! I was shocked at how different it is from virtually every Frankenstein movie, except the one starring Robert DiNero as "the monster". I found it to be a very thought provoking book, but it's been a few years since I read it.

yes I have read it

I have had to read it both as a college student and University student. I always felt my alliegences to the monster (It never was given a name, Frankenstein is the creator)