Sign in to follow this  
jorel

Gene Jr & Star Trek New Voyages

News clip featuring "Rod" Roddenberry on the set of Star Trek New Voyages during the recent filming of episode II is now online as a Windows Media Format clip. You'll find the link on New Voyages message boards...

rod.jpg

"The Roddenberry name has to be attached to this. It is the closest thing to Star Trek since the original series..."

(Quote from interview.)

I guess having Gene Jr. endorsing your project should quite those voices that cry copyright infringement.

I look forward to the next installment. Maybe STF can cover shooting of one of your episodes sometime in the future for a feature article on the site. I'm sure everyone would be interested in some "inside scoop".

I guess having Gene Jr. endorsing your project should quite those voices that cry copyright infringement.

I look forward to the next installment. Maybe STF can cover shooting of one of your episodes sometime in the future for a feature article on the site. I'm sure everyone would be interested in some "inside scoop".

Personally I would love to see some online, on the set coverage, but a few things hinder such happening currently.

First off is the "Top Secret" script and such. We have to be VERY careful what info and pics are release in order to keep the script, guests, ect "secret" until the release. As much as I hate to admit it, even though I would like to know as much as possible about new releases, that knowledge can sometimes damage the excitement of the film. Being somewhat "in the dark" can be fun too. (Although I would NEVER give up being involved with NV!) Once the episode is out for public viewing we're free and clear... Until that point...

Secondly, the location of the sets are not "up-to-speed" on internet access Having an online reporter on the set while filming wouldn't give anyone much of a scoop. If you check out the message boards and the writer's "corner"you'll read of Erik's learning how to deal with the lack of high speed internet and such.

Thanks for allowing me to share what I can here for our fellow fans! I'll keep you all updated as much as I am allowed to...

Stardate:214276.6

Wow thats awsome you guys have Rod working with you on this pordject.I for one am looking forward to the second episode.

Keep up the good work guys.

The first trailer (comercial/preview) has been released and it will knock your socks off! Bop on over to the NEWLY REDESIGNED website at 5yearmission.com and click on the link to it's download links in the message boards.

I'd love to hear your comments...

:D Talk about a killer of a trailer ! You're right, it knocked my socks off..Can't wait to see the episode...

You all should check out the trailer... :D

Guest Ktrek

I downloaded the trailer and all I can say is that it is awesome! I really enjoyed the first installment and this looks like it will be even better! The only thing I wish is that I could have been on the crew! :laugh:

Kevin

Stardate:214276.8

Wow that was an awsome trailer!!!! Man I wish august would hurry up and get here so we could see that second episode!!!!

Checked out the trailer, thought it was great. I was blown away with the Doomsday Machine roaring as it traveled through space with War playing in the background.

I'm looking forward to this episode in August.