How many people enjoy authoring DVD's?

I've been making several DVD's for the past several days. It takes A LOT of processing power so you can't do a lot of other things while it's working though. That's why I haven't been around a lot the past few days, I've been authoring a Survivor DVD.

Here's the manu screen I made for it...

PDVD_547.JPG

That's wicked. What program do you need for that?

I use a couple of programs to make it the way I want them.

They are 2 versions of the same program actually. I use TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 to convert the AVI files into MPG's that I can then make into VOB files for a DVD.

Then I use TMPGEnc DVD Author to make the menus and actually convert the MPG files into VOB files.

Then I use Nero Burning Rom to burn the DVDs. It's great fun to make the menus and all that.

Well I completed my DVD's and even made a custom DVD cover for the cases, The middle of the pic here is where the binding of the DVD case is, the left side is the back of the case and the right side is the front of the case.

amazon4.JPG

Have I mentioned how happy I am with how the DVD's and cases turned out? lol

I just wanted to add one thing for anyone thinking of doing it. It tales a lot of time and work to get it done right.

With my computer it took about 2½ hours to convert each of the 14 AVI's into MP2's then once they were MP2's it took another 1½ hours to convert them all into VOB's then it took 3 or 4 hours to create the DVD cover insert. So in all, to make 3 DVD's that contain all of Season 6 of Survivor it took me about 45 hours of work. That's not to mention starting over half way through because I found a better setting to fit more episodes on each disc lol.