Sign in to follow this  

Other St Message Boards

I really dont get the reasoning behind people posting links to their own personal board. I am a moderator on another very successful ST board, yet I come here, and I have fun here as well. I dont try to post here to advertise that board either. In my opinion, that is what ST.com is for. Thats how I found this site, as well as the one that I moderate at. This site, as well as the other one I visit was built by advrtising on ST.com because these (2) boards offered an escape from the BS that goes on at "the official site". I've clicked on some of these links, and they usually have 10 total posts, with 2 or 3 members. I also look at their post count, and they usually have 1 or 2 posts here (or my other board) and then they never post again. The people here and there have escaped ST.com, and are happy because there is a good community to banter with. Why would anyone from this site...or the other one want to go anywhere else to build another ST site from ground up? VBguy, and the creators of the other board I go to, made their respectful boards by offering people a way out of hell. Props to everyone who made STfans.net a reality, as well as any other successful oasis from ST.com. :drool:

The only reason I have to advertise other startrek boards is through email. I have just found other successful boards the same way you did, and I don't go back to ST.com anymore because of it. The other boards I go to are so much more originized and fun. ST.com sometimes felt like a chore. Thank you VBG and the other members of admin for this great board.

I'm a "join, post one or two times, and never return" fiend. The only message board I have ever stuck by is this one (despite one misunderstanding that I did not clarify enough). This is still my only site and I still love it here, despite what a few others think.

Edited by bysty

i used to try and post on st.com but it never really clicked and the ppl there were pretty rude. this is the only site that i have ever really posted on

this site is much better than startrek.com. I usually stuck to the chatrooms at startrek.com, but there were some not so great people there. I created my own board for fun, and it's actually doing okay. I stopped openly advertising here because I don't ever think the Phaserboard can match this place, but both places are nice.

Never posted any links to other boards here, and never plan to. I came here after some problems in a group, but also because st.com no longer has open chats. Turns out i have posted here more then i've chatted, almost complete opposite of st.com, go figure :laugh: . And yeah, this place is considerably nicer then st.com, there were some real jerks that used that place. :P

I guess it is a matter of personal preference. Some people think the more posts and posters a message board has the better. Others, like me, prefer smaller boards with less topics so that I don't have to loose track of what topic is where.