Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Animals In Your Back Yard

what? no monkeys?

They are not animals, they are intelligent contributing members of society.

Nemesis, for as much as we disagree in Kronos, I must admit, outside of there, I might actually like you.

I like everyone on the board. Don't make me have to change that. :drool:

I've been walking almost everyday, even in thhe heat and humidity...it's hot at 9am right now! At the lake ( I know...not the back yard, but part of the walking trail in the development I live in) I saw mothers and babies the other day. I saw a mother duck and her brood, which swam away at break-neck speed when I approached. Baby ducks are fast swimmers! And I saw a mother turtle with a single baby turtle. They had come up for air...the mother spotted me and immediately dove under water...the baby lingered and stared, and then disappeared. I have also seen turtles walking in grassy patches. I have never seen turtles of this size "in the wild." But it has beeen raining here a lot lately. Squirrels are everywhere. Along the streets there are walking bridges across the lakes...I have seen swallows flying about the bridges, swallowtail butterflies ( very pretty) and fish in the shallow water. You see none of theses things when you are just driving by in the car. The only thing more plentiful than the squirrels are INSECTS! They grow big ones in the south!

Cat's,

Stray Dog's,

Various Bird's (Kookoobara's, Kingfisher's etc.),

Fish (In the pond),

CANE TOAD'S (Which I take to with a spade, THE PEST'S),

Flying Foxes,

Various Lizards &

Various bug's.

I have trees around my house and big houses around we have a foxes den next door but one so we have lots of foxes, hedgehogs, a variety of birds, insects :wow: .... god knows what lives under our bushes! :wow: