Sign in to follow this  
MoulinRouge

Call Upn And Tell Them You Watched The Forgotten

323-956-5000

You'll get a computer voice which is a speech recognition program. When it's finished chirping, say "Star Trek Enterprise." That will take you to the ENT production office. I talked to a chirpy but sweet young woman named Sara who seemed all too eager to hear from us.

Folks, the overnights went up 2 tenths from last week, the fast nationals went down 2 tenths. The margin of error for ratings is 2 tenths, which means that ENT drew approximately the same number of viewers as last week and last week's ratings were abysmal. There's no way to sugarcoat them. This show is in trouble. American Idol is murdering it. Sara said that input from fans can help. That is the number. She asked me what part of the episode I liked best. I told her Connor rocked the house.

Please call during business hours Pacific Time. It could make the difference. :naughty:

Also, evay's page with the addresses.

http://www.triphammered.com/support.shtml

Leslie Moonves. Dawn Ostroff. Eric Kim, director of programming for UPN. Mel Karmazin, the head of Viacom. The four most important names. Especially Moonves.

Edited by MoulinRouge

I wonder if UPN takes into consideration that ENT is running against AI and that is why the rating are so horrible. Do they really think another program is going to do better? As long as AI is airing it is going to get a huge share of the ratings period. I should hope UPN knows this and leaves ENT alone. I will call the number and let them know I enjoyed the show last night. THANKS Moulinrouge!

Thank you, Archerfan. Got to let them know that we appreciate them giving us a captain willing to do the tough stuff. Some of us like risks. Yes, I mentioned AI when I was talking to her. She said the cast is frustrated about it, about UPN's handling of advertisement and promos, about a lot of things. She implied strongly that they were VERY upset. Her response about AI was basically, "What are you going to do about people who like reality tv?" Definitely a scoff in her reply. She hinted that some of the cast thought they might even be better off on the dreaded Friday night than competing against the reality wave. That's telling.

Well, that's it. If you want to write letters, do it this weekend. Pavlova, one of the leaders of the ENT project also called the UPN office and whomever she spoke to told her that unless something changes, Enterprise is set to be cancelled.

Unless something changes. Letters now. I think it's a crying shame that just when this show reaches its potential they're willing to pull the #$%$%$# plug. The ratings were actually ticking up until January. :bow: Then American Idol premiered. :naughty: Sheesh. I will write my letters to all concerned, tell them once again in no uncertain terms that if ENT is cancelled there is absolutely nothing of interest to me on UPN. I am so upset.

Quills says we shouldn't take the word of a desk jockey since they don't know anything and not all the receptionists said the same thing. I just don't know. My advice is to write letters from evay's page. Now. As in this weekend and mail them out Saturday if you can't get them out tomorrow. I'm in the process right now so I can get them printed off into the mail tonight on my way to work. I just think it's a crying shame. ENT is so good right now. Sob.

Folks, if you write a letter to no one else, write to Garrett Hart. His address is on evay's page

http://www.triphammered.com/support.shtml

Gary Hart is the head honcho of Paramount. He likes ENT. He's said so. He's More importantly, he's Scott Bakula's friend. He's the guy Scott talked to when he was (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't)ing about UPN. That might make him inclined to help--or think ENT is worth shopping to cable or another network. Please write this weekend and get it out Monday that the latest. He will also be more likely to help if he KNOWS WE EXIST. Here is my letter.

Mr. Garrett Hart,

I am writing to let you know how much I and my husband have enjoyed season three of your network?s program ?Star Trek: Enterprise.? Season three has been a vast improvement in our opinion. As long time Trek fans, we appreciate a Trek series that is willing to take risks and feature a captain who is not depicted in the all too perfect mode of the future great Jean Luc Picard (who refused to ever do wrong and was promptly bailed out of every crisis by politically correct writers). Oddly enough, as soon as Captain Archer became less noble, his appeal heightened. 24th century Trek had become deathly dull in retrospect. 22nd century Trek is not. We hope that ?ST: Enterprise? will appear on Paramount?s fall schedule, even if it takes a reduced episode order and budgetary cuts to make it happen. Mr. Hart, if ?ST: Enterprise? is not on your network?s fall schedule my husband and I have no reason to turn the channel to UPN in our home. There is nothing else airing on United Paramount Network of interest to us. ?ST: Enterprise,? ?ER,? and ?Judging Amy? are the only programs we watch regularly on non cable channels. I would gladly watch ?ST: Enterprise? if it moved to first run syndication on cable and leave UPN behind. That might be a wiser decision.

A time slot change to move ENT away from the sadly popular reality tripe ?American Idol? would be beneficial--perhaps to Fridays, Mondays, or even Sundays. That competition, in addition to the nearly constant preemptions in major markets due to professional basketball airing on UPN outlets for months on end, is too steep a hill to climb for a fine show (which for some inexplicable reason UPN chooses not to advertise) that is playing catch up. An arc based show is going to suffer when people have to watch it at a different time every week. Any show will suffer when fans have to search to find it. Fortunately Oklahoma City is a professional sports wasteland so we don?t have to deal with that problem, but I chat with far too many fans who do. You have a loyal fan base. I hope you take that into account. The cast, particularly Connor Trinneer, is flat out wonderful. It?s a pity that more people weren?t able to see Mr. Trinneer?s performance in last night?s episode ?The Forgotten.? I can?t articulate how impressed I was. One of Trek?s best moments ever aired. He is extremely talented.

Sincerely,

Dorian and John Thompson,

Oklahoma City

Use that as an example if you like. :naughty: