Sign in to follow this  
ussacclaim

The Pegasus

Alright, here's a hypothetical:

The Pegasus was a vessel equipped with a phasing cloak that was in direct violation of the Treaty of Algeron<sp>.

One great thing I thought about this was that it showed that the Federation is not as squeaky-clean as it makes itself out to be.

One thing I wonder about is, even though it hadn't officially been mentioned until the latter part of DS9's run, do you think Section 31 was involved in this coverup?

+Side note for Mrs.Picard if she reads this one--This episode showed some excellent acting on Captain Picard's part!+

That's a good question...

I never saw the episode but heard it was really good.

It might be plausible, but unlikely explanation though....

+Side note for Mrs.Picard if she reads this one--This episode showed some excellent acting on Captain Picard's part!+

Of course I read this! :rofl:

Thank you! I love this episode as well (especially the beginning :) ), though I have started to hate Admiral Pressman for letting Jean-Luc "remaining in the dark on this mission"... :rofl: :( :(

And, as for your question... It's certainly possible that Section 31 is involved. But if so, we wouldn't know. :)

Perhaps Section 31 was involved, and Admiral Pressman (I think that's his name) just snapped and went AWOL with the cloaking device.

If you remember the Cloaking device on the Pegasus allowed ships to also travel through matter. This 'special' cloaking device was probably dismantled. But, yes, the Federation did go on to ignore the treaty and now Defiant class and some Sovereign class ships do have cloaking devices. Also there was that holo-ship in on of the Star Trek movies. If there was ever a war between the Romulans and the Federation - the introduction of federation cloaking devices would be one of the reasons the war started; not a main reason but one of the sort of 'sub-reasons'.

But, yes, the Federation did go on to ignore the treaty and now Defiant class and some Sovereign class ships do have cloaking devices.

I didn't know some Soverign-class ships had them. I figured there were only two canon ships, the Enterprise and the Soverign.

I know the Defiant got a cloaking device when they went to look for the Jem'Hadar homeworld but I don't think all Defiant-class vessels have them.

But, send me the episode where it says they do and I'll stand corrected :unsure: