Sign in to follow this  
ARMS

Hard Drive Speed Limit Is Reached

Disturbing, isn't it, that when the article about pedophiles said 'people' it only meant men?

Edited by Esther

Disturbing, isn't it, that when the article about pedophiles said 'people' it only meant men?

Yeh, women are just as capable.

At the very least this may result in the technology gap between govt and civilians being smaller then it is today, although i doubt that'll happen. I think a decade will be long enough to develope a faster hard drive then that, what do you think?

very unlikely....

the gap between govt and civilian computers is huge!!!!!!

I think what this means is that a new kind of storage device will have to be invented to go beyond the speed limits, maybe a new way to put information on the hard drive.

Theoretical maximum speed

In other words. Their best guess.

Don't forget that "theoretical data" once said that the Earth was flat and was the center of the universe.

A few years ago Intel abandoned Socket 7 because it had reached it's "theoretical maximum speed limit" (I believe that was around 300 mhz), they turned to Slot One with the Pentium II. AMD continued forward with Socket 7 and pushed it up to at least 550 mhz with their K6-III

You also have to take into account the new blue laser technology being developed. How will that affect speed? I have no idea, but I've learned to ignore "Theoretical maximums".

But the blue laser idea would cos us...

We'd have to pay a lot more for computer hardrives..