Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

What book would you like to see made into a movie

Do you have a favorite novel that you'd like to see made into a movie - or do you fear what some director will do to a character you love? Which book do you think would make a good movie?

First, I have to say I think Peter Jackson has done a wonderful job with LOTR - I was wary because I read the series twice when I was younger. The movies have been terrific.

Another trilogy I always loved was the "The Foundation Trilogy" by Isaac Asimov. This would be a major project but if they did a good job it would be terrific.

I think the SciFi channel produced a better Dune than the movie version; and A&E's version of Pride and Prejudice was great so don't count out TV.

ive only read one book in a long time. that was a little bit ago when i went to california. i know your gonna think this is nuts but it was pretty good, and i think it would make a great movie.

THE DEATH, AND LIFE OF SUPERMAN. i know not much of a book, but hey there were no pictures in it.lol.

Umm....I am not sure there are a couple of Trek novels I wanted to see made into a movie...but, as for non-trek....I really liked how Nicholas & Alexandra, Dr. Zhivago and LOTR turned out. They were great books, and were great movies.

I would love to see the book "The Talisman" by Steven King and Peter Straub made into a movie.And it would be great if Jim Henson's people could create the alternate Earth characters.

the summons, the street lawyer, the testament, and a painted house, all written by john grisham.

i love his style of legal thriller.

the summons, the street lawyer, the testament, and a painted house, all written by john grisham.

i love his style of legal thriller.

There was some tv movie on last night based on a Grisham book - I think it was a Painted House. Maybe it will be available on video if you don't get the broadcast there.

Would love to see Anne McCaffrey's Pern Series done as movies... What a MAMMOTH task... and whose life story do you leave out ...I think that the focus would have to be on Dragonflight, Dragonquest, The White Dragon and All the Weyrs of Pern..... You'd need to sit in a cinema for 20 hours.... oh well, just have to continue reading the books.... OVER AND OVER AGAIN! :tear:

The Imzadi books would make good movies. At least the first one. For a non-trek movie I would like to see The Borne Identity made into a movie. Now some of you may be thinking "but wait Lubak, The Bourne Identity was made into a movie." No it wasn't. Although I liked the movie nothing except the name of two characters was the same. :tear: Sorry but I had to get that out of my system.

I would also like to see the foundation books even though there are 6 or 7 now. I would like to see the dragonlance books something to redeem them for that dungens and dragons movie.

I would also like to see the foundation books even though there are 6 or 7 now.  I would like to see the dragonlance books something to redeem them for that dungens and dragons movie.

You're really pulling out the old posts here lol, the apr is making me think they are new too (confusing it with Aug) lol

The only books I read are non-fiction books and usually are about Apollo or other History. I got my wish in 1998 when Tom Hanks and HBO made my favorite Apollo book into a 12 part mini series. The book is one I've talked about here before, "A Man On The Moon" and the mini-series is also something I've talked about which is "From The Earth To The Moon".

The only other book I would want to see in movie form is one that likely will never be made and most likely most people here wouldn't be interested in seeing. The book is "An American Life" the autobiography of President Reagan. People may not agree with his politics but his life story is a truly very interesting one. Going from poverty to radio announcer to movie star to public speaker onto Governor of California and then President. Quite a story, I've read the book many times over.

The only other subject I could think of for a movie that I really want to see is another topic I have spoken of several times. The life stories of the Country band Alabama. I don't know if a book exists yet but if I were a writer i'd write one and try to get a movie made.

I just remember someone posting that there was not many new topics so I went back found some good old ones that I had not posted in and wala new posts. :dude:

"Lucifer's Hammer" by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle. Best "end of the world" story ever written.

For Trek books, "Q-Squared" by Peter David. An extremely funny novel. Not sure how they would do the movie, but I am sure the special effects would be impressive! (VBG, we need a "Q" smilie)