Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

SILENT RUNNING........

Anyone seen this movie. I just watched it. What a feeling I got from it. Very odd space movie, but I loved it and I cried a little at the end :blink: I'd recommend it to anyone who is a conservationist at heart.

I saw it as a kid, and I have watched it a few times. It has always made me cry my eyes out. It is htough, an beautiful ending to a film though

I wonder why all these space movies have to end with a massive explosion? B) Why do so many things have to end with an explosion?

Can't somethings just fade away, drift off, or maybe be reborn? :blink:

i agree things dont always have to end in an abrupt manor, but for some reason tahts what happens. i dont remember this movei, what was it about?

Space barge, with attatched domes, in which are forests from Earth. The only remaining in existence. 4 crew members, 3 little robots. Because of budget cuts they got orders to destroy the domes by attatching explosives to them then jettison them away from the barge then detonate them. One member of the crew refuses to follow orders and kills the other 3.......sound familiar yet? I don't want to tell the whole story. Spoil it for you if you do see it. It was very good :D Buddy :)

Anyone seen this movie. I just watched it.  What a feeling I got from it.  Very odd space movie, but I loved it and I cried a little at the end :D I'd recommend it to anyone who is a conservationist at heart.

I know exactly what you mean! I've seen it several times, and it has the same effect on me every time. :)