Sign in to follow this  
nik

Recent Baseball games

Is it me, or were there an unusual amount of blowouts yesterday. Some of those scores looked like football scores:

Bal Tor 11-3

Det Clev 17-3! What's up with that. I'm happy to see my home team winning for a change, but these guys are breaking .500, and looking pretty slick at that. Of course, the tribe has been limping along the past couple years.

Sox Yanks 11-2.... I thought the Yanks were good. Of course, that whole division is just mediocre this year, except for Baltimore, I guess.

Bal Tor 11-3

TEX Seattle 10-8..... Sorry Goose..... What can I say... upside down year! My favorites like Ichiro, Martinez, and Boone just aren't putting on much of show this year. Pulling their weight, yes, but just not raking in those RBIs.......

Ana Oak 12-2.... Wasn't expecting that.

Hou Col 13-7...... What'd they miss the extra point or something? 13 runs!

Not a huge score, but an unexptected win was Braves over the Marlins. What do you think?

What do you fans think? Wild day yesterday?

Well, gotta go. Tigers have an appointment with destiny in a half hour. I don't predict any real changes in that division, but maybe they'll get lucky and the Twins'll lose to KC. Heck, maybe the White Sox will lose to Tampa...... Weather in Hell today.... -10 degrees.

Stardate:214314.6

Yeh there were a lot of blowouts in spring training as well.Kinda weird

Bal Tor 11-3-The Birds offense has been greatly improved this year and so far the Blu Jays suck so thats not surprising.

Det Clev 17-3-Like I said before Cleveland just needs to start over from scratch.The Tigers are scaring the hell out of me.WTF did they come from!!!

Sox Yanks 11-2-I loved this.I hate the yanks with a passion and its good seeing george lose to Beantown.Like I said the Bosox are the team to beat this year and the yankees are even close to them.Oh and BTW RED SOX BEAT YANKEES 3-2 TODAY!!!Take that yankee losers.(Offense is meant to all yankee fans)

TEX Seattle 10-8-That wasnt really a blowout but yeah ur right,our offense is s ucking so far.But im not worried.Its good that we are flying under the radar.Go ahead and underestimate us,I will see you in October!

Ana Oak 12-2-well look at anahiems lineup.They are capable of that kind of run prduction.

Hou Col 13-7-What do you expect when you play in Colorado.Thats a low scoring game there. :frusty:

Well said, Goose! You are the Ernie Harwell of STF.net (or the Harry Carey, depending on what you like.)

I see the Devil Rays just beat the Sox, too. What the heck is going on?

As of now, Twins are tied...... where there's baseball, there's hope!

Have a nide day!

Well said, Goose!  You are the Ernie Harwell of STF.net (or the Harry Carey, depending on what you like.)

I see the Devil Rays just beat the Sox, too. What the heck is going on?

As of now, Twins are tied...... where there's baseball, there's hope!

Have a nide day!

Stardate:214314.9

Enrie Harwell huh? Im not worthy of that title. B)

M's lost to Texas again 3-0.Freddy pitched awsome(his era is 1.67) but once again no run support.

Lost:Offense for Seattle Mariners.Contact Safeco Field in Seattle if found.Reward:We will give you Mike Myers :blink:

Edited by Goose

Yeah, well it's shaping up into a close contest over here in the AL central. Twins won, Tigers lost - that's what happens when you get too freakin' hits all game. It's not like Cleveland did anything magical today, Detroit just didn't. However, Tampa's got the edge on the ChiSox right now, so Twins go up a game, but still a close division. We're just happy the Tigers are above 0.500. Last year, it was the end of May before they won 11, and it something like 11-35. Westbrook did the whole game for Cleveland too. One thing I'm worried about the Tigers' piching staff. I'm afraid it might be a bit shallow this year.

I see Boston beat the Yanks again.... gotta like that! Of course, pitching wouldn't have helped here. You can't score if you can't get on base.

Blue Jays-Orioles..... Good thing I didn't have any money on that game.

Stardate:214317.9

Well the M's offense showed up today but it wasnt enough becuase instead of playing baseball against the Mariners Texas decided to have batting practice instead as they creamed us 14-6.They were up 7-0 they the offense showed up as we came back to make it 7-6.But then back to back to BACK homeruns off of Kevin Jarvis sealed it shut as the M;s lose 5 straight.They are now 6-13.

And yes the yanks got swept by Beantown!!!! Yanks are now 8-13 not much better than the m's.

So right now im still a m's fan but im just rooting for Boston harder because the M's are starting to worry me :)

Well.... Detroit's still above 0.500, so we're all pretty happy in the Wolverine state. It's sort of funny hearing Trammel interview after the games. Last year, he was just shellshocked after each game, saying things like, "Well, I don't know what's going on...." This year, he's still shellshocked after each game, and still saying things like, "Well, I don't know what's going on...." Now if the Twins could just lose a few.

Yeah, I'm not understanding the M's this year either. They've got great offense all around, and the pitching SHOULD be there, but they just can't pull it out of the bag. It's only April. You never know what could happen. Maybe the M's'll start seeping series, and the Tig's will begin losing on a consistent basis, and everything will be back to normal.

I too am enjoying watching the Yanks go down the toilet. Very enjoyable season.

Stardate:214236.7

Well we beat Baltimore the day before yesterday and lost yesterday.Right now we are down 0-4 in the 4th.The offense just isnt there.

And starting tommorow we play a three games series against the Tigers.Since i take it you are a detroit fan Nik me and you are enemies at least for the next three days :naughty: .

Bal Tor 11-3-The Birds offense has been greatly improved this year and so far the Blue Jays suck so thats not surprising.

I think it is at least a little suprising considering three of the Blue Jays players were ranked within the top 15 in baseball (Halladay, Delgado, Wells). Hey, they probably won't make the playoffs but the future is looking very bright for this organization.

Edited by Jack_Bauer

Well we beat Baltimore the day before yesterday and lost yesterday.Right now we are down 0-4 in the 4th.The offense just isnt there.

And starting tommorow we play a three games series against the Tigers.Since i take it you are a detroit fan Nik me and you are enemies at least for the next three days :bow: .

Yow! Well, this will be interesting. The Tigers got off to a good start, but have been pretty mediocre in the past 13 games - one 6 wins. April madness is over.

(Oh, yeah... forget all that stuff I said about maybe the M's will sweep a series. :naughty: )

Stardate:214328.9

Boston won both it games in the double header today. That makes 6 or 7 in a row they have won I believe.GO BEANTOWN!!! :bow:

Yeh and the m's lost 5-9.Pinero kinda broke down and pitched bad.

(Oh, yeah... forget all that stuff I said about maybe the M's will sweep a series.  )

Oh I smell a sweep coming in this next series. :naughty:;)

I think it is at least a little suprising considering three of the Blue Jays players were ranked within the top 15 in baseball (Halladay, Delgado, Wells). Hey, they probably won't make the playoffs but the future is looking very bright for this organization.

Remember Jack its only April there is still 5-6 months more baseball to play.The Jays do have a hell of a good team though and a brite future indeed.I think since the Blue Jays are the M's cousin team(both were created in 1977 and both have been managed by Pat Gillick) that the Jays just caught what the mariners have just in a worser way.April ends tommorow though so maybe a fresh month will help.I know this is teh worse april the m's have had since 1982.

I know its only April and the Jays and a lot of other teams have had slow starts but I don't think its fair to say their poor play is not suprising.

I know its only April and the Jays and a lot of other teams have had slow starts but I don't think its fair to say their poor play is not suprising.

I was just saying that the way they have been playing recently was an idication of what happened in the game

Mariners 3, Tigers 1: Oh the humanity!!!!

Twins continue to dominate - getting some good numbers on board. I'm gonna grab a few for my fantasy team if I can. They may run away with the ALC this year. Tigers' lack of a deep bullpen is going to kill us!

Stardate:214336.4

Yah cant touch The Chief (Freddy) Nik.For all those people out there that told me that Freddy blows and that he should of been traded you can suck on it cause once again I am right.

Tigers beat Mariners today 4-2.I didnt see the game cause I thought it was on at 1:05 when it was on at 10:05.So I dont know exactly what happened.Fill me in Nik.

So I was wrong about the sweep.Oh well.Tommorow is the rubber game and with Gil heading to the mound(hes on my fantasy team).At least we will get the series win. :drool:

Stardate:214336.4

Yah cant touch The Chief (Freddy) Nik.For all those people out there that told me that Freddy blows and that he should of been traded you can suck on it cause once again I am right.

Tigers beat Mariners today 4-2.I didnt see the game cause I thought it was on at 1:05 when it was on at 10:05.So I dont know exactly what happened.Fill me in Nik.

So I was wrong about the sweep.Oh well.Tommorow is the rubber game and with Gil heading to the mound(hes on my fantasy team).At least we will get the series win. :drool:

Stardate:214336.5

When Im right Im right.

The Mariners did not just beat the Tigers today they stomped all over them 12-2 to take the series.The M's played in true Seattle form today scoring in the first inning like they did so many times last year.Also Gim Meche gave us a solid start giving up only 2 runs and had a no hitter gonig thorough 4 innings.The bullpen gave us 3 scorless innings.The Mariners have won 9 out of there last 10 against the Tigers.Sorry Nik but we have your number. :drool:

Tommorow we start a series agaist minnesota so maybe we can help you guys out a little Nik.

When Im right Im right.

The Mariners did not just beat the Tigers today they stomped all over them 12-2 to take the series.The M's played in true Seattle form today scoring in the first inning like they did so many times last year.Also Gim Meche gave us a solid start giving up only 2 runs and had a no hitter gonig thorough 4 innings.The bullpen gave us 3 scorless innings.The Mariners have won 9 out of there last 10 against the Tigers.Sorry Nik but we have your number. :)

Tommorow we start a series agaist minnesota so maybe we can help you guys out a little Nik.[/glow]

Just kill me now! Holy crap, after that routing I'm still reeling. I'd like to say the 3 errors by the Tigers made the difference, but 14 hits against our 4 didn't help much either. All I can say is the Tig's are playing like their old selves.

I didn't watch Boston-Texas, but that would have been a good game. Strong teams on both sides. I wouldn't have put any money on that game. Boston should have an easy series against the tribe.

Other than that, I need another aspirin...

I meant to say we play tommorow not today.Today we have an off day.The Tigers though play the angels.Good luck to you guys i hope u cream them.(We are 7 games back we need it)