Sign in to follow this  
Korthedaharmaster

Special effects error

Hey all i was watching damage agin last night and noticed an error with the special effects. As Enterprise departed the crippled alien vessel they got the warp coil from they casted a shadow on there hull. How is this possible if there was no sun to cast the shadow. Other than that excellent episode.

Later

I've noticed that there always seems to be a strong directional lightsource on the starships, even when they're traveling between star systems. I assume it's done for the sake of cinematography. :frusty:

But what about in I think it's wrath of Khan, when the lights on the ship go on as they leave space dock...maybe this is why we see shadows? Weird lights?

Well, I could be wrong but I think just the fact that we can see the ships at all (Other then the lights in the windows) means that there would have to be a light source of some kind. Since they are traveling in the void of space there is nothing other then the ships themselves to reflect light, so if there is no light source (other the the lights in and on the ship) how else would we be able to see them?

Light in space is like sound in space and the musical score, it's to enhance the show. :blink:

I think you'r right

Well, it wouldn't be very fun to watch if we wouldn't be able to see the ships..

Or hear them for that matter. Then again, they would save alot of money on CGI's.

Wasn't there no sound in space in Firefly (the TV series)?

They had some good effects on that show too.lastresort.jpg42.gif

Wasn't there no sound in space in Firefly (the TV series)?

They had some good effects on that show too.

lastresort.jpg42.gif

In 2001 A Space Oddessy when HAL was giving Dave a hard time in space, the only sound we heard was the breathing in the enviromental suits, the effect was great it left me feeling how quitly cold and a airless vacum space is.

However the sound effects in Star Trek adds to the excitment of the show. :laugh: