Sign in to follow this  
Jim Phaserman

CMT Flameworthy Awards

I'm sorry, I have to gloat about this, but Toby Keith's video for "American Soldier" won the Music Video of the Year award, the top honor. also, Reba won the Johnny and June Carter Cash acheivement Award.

I caught the tail end of the show. I think I woulda rather had Chesney's "There goes..." win, but that's just 'cause I can't decide if Toby is genuine or just working that patriotic angle for all it's worth. Other than the singer, the song and video were good. Glad your choice won. :P

(fyi: I'm not a big Country fan; just listen/watch every now and then.)

Oh, and go Reba. My last dorm roommate wanted to marry her :( . No really. <_<

I caught the tail end of the show. I think I woulda rather had Chesney's "There goes..." win, but that's just 'cause I can't decide if Toby is genuine or just working that patriotic angle for all it's worth. Other than the singer, the song and video were good. Glad your choice won. :P

(fyi: I'm not a big Country fan; just listen/watch every now and then.)

Oh, and go Reba. My last dorm roommate wanted to marry her :( . No really. <_<

I think Toby's genuine. His dad was in the Army and lost his eye in a training accident. He is very proud of his dad (who was killed in a car accident in 2001) and from that I think he gets his patriotism and support of the Military.

Toby is definately Genuine. the entertainment industry seems to be dominated by high profile liberals like Martin Sheen, who come out and rant and rave about how I shouldn't be allowed to do my job, it's nice to see someone like Toby stand up and say, "Hey, back off, dude, these guys are the real deal"

2001? Man, no wonder that year really affected him, his dad dying and on top of that, 9/11. That's gotta suck. Nice to see he won, it's about time something patriot wins a top award for once.