Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Soong Sisters

I have had a few inquiries from people asking about the Soong Sisters so I thought I would post how we became sisters.

There are 4 of us, Lessa_Soong, Yillara_Soong, DSBS (one of the "s" stands for Soong) and myself. We are not real sisters - two of us live in the the US and two live in Canada.

All four sisters were registered at st.com Lessa and I happened to post one after another on a thread at st.com (not about Data believe it or not) and the next person who posted called us the Soong Sisters and it stuck. Yillara and DSBS joined the sisterhood shortly afterward.

I was the first to join startrekfans.net, Yillara saw my name when she came to check out the boards and signed up and then we asked Lessa and DSBS to join us and the rest is history.

VBG has been so great to us. Making us feel very welcome and accepting our craziness in the good nature that it is meant. :laugh:

Now why can't I ever find any obsessed Riker fans to bond with? lol.gif Life's so unfair. prplwink.gif

One of our Mods is somewhat of a Riker fan, Amy (Luvin1stdegree). She is new to Trekdom though and thinks we all need therapy :laugh: but she really likes Riker and wonders why there's no Riker sceens without his shirt on... lol

but she really likes Riker and wonders why there's no Riker sceens without his shirt on... lol

*drools on keyboard* pant.gif

Interesting, I was wondering whether you were real sisters. Now my questions have been answered! :wub:

True we are not sisters in real life....but we have so much in common that it really seems like we are biological siblings!

Hey, Lessa! I think you have found that motto that us sisters have been thinking about. Remember way back about us joking about needing a motto for us....I think you have something there! "Sisters of the heart, soul and mind".

Thanks! Must be that poetic soul of mine that keeps coming up with them :laugh: Or was that warped mind? :wub:

It has been great not only to have a place to get closer (in spirit) to my beloved sisters, but also so many other good quality people here.

I have loved every minute of it...that's why i have trouble turning the darn computer off at night! :wub:

Well I just think you all are too darn cute for words.  love-smiley-018.giflaughing-smiley-002.gif

lol, thanks uhurariker! :laugh:

and thanks Takara for posting our story! good motto too...

At the risk of sounding corny (as I once said to lessa) it's so great to have ALL of you here to talk to (and by all, I mean everyone).

And Lessa, Takara, and Yillara, thanks for making me feel at home. :laugh: to you all.

At the risk of sounding corny (as I once said to lessa) it's so great to have ALL of you here to talk to (and by all, I mean everyone).

Group hug!!!!!

grouphug.gifgrouphug.gifgrouphug.gifgrouphug.gifgrouphug.gif

no problem Sister...I mean this thread is so great, since it describes our friendship and the four of us sisters very well.

ANd we keep getting closer all the time. I love that about us!

Yeah, I like that too!

And if we have our wish all Four of us will get to finally meet face to face at the CON..I really hope for all four of us to be there!!!