Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The main web page

I know most people don't let the whole animation play out but check out the main page, I've been playing around with it and I like the way it's turned out.

http://www.startrekfans.net/

By the way, a new feature I added is the Communicator in the upper right of the messageboard. If you click it it takes you to your Inbox (Your Board Communiactions) of your PM's.

it looks good. how do you make those animations? are they makeable using macromedia dreamweaver mx?

I use SWISH 1.5 it's a simple Flash animation program. Really a good little program. I like the 1.5 version better then the newer versions though.

thanks for the help, vabeachguy. i made some great intros. also, the new main page, with the lcars theme is awesome. it is sooooooooo sweet.

it looks good. how do you make those animations? are they makeable using macromedia dreamweaver mx?

I use SWISH 1.5 it's a simple Flash animation program. Really a good little program. I like the 1.5 version better then the newer versions though.

I would agree with the fact that the older Flash versions are better then that of the new. I’m pretty new to Flash and have played around with MX and 6 (6 is older). When I compare them I just like the older version vs. MX. It just has a more convent design to it. But I have not tried anything lower then 6 so I can't really say which is better there.

For the homepage I think it’s good. Maybe in the future you could add some more pages with info on ST in general using Flash giving it more content.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I like the new look, but . . .

The icons appear a little slower than most people would like. There isn't a clear link to the main site directly - some people might wait through the whole animation waiting for something - instead of "Click here to skip animation", try "Click here to go directly to the Boards" or something similar. The load screen is a little confusing. It could also use links to the other boards like SiTech, Games, etc.

It looks cool! Keep up the good work!