Sign in to follow this  
Odie

Dsylexia

I have dsylexia and I wonder if any other person here who has it or know someone who does.

i know one person at my school who claims that she does... i know a little about it ... but not much.. can someone explain it to me. or post a link or a quote from a site plz... itd b intresting for me to read it

i know one person at my school who claims that she does... i know a little about it ... but not much.. can someone explain it to me. or post a link or a quote from a site plz... itd b intresting for me to read it

Dyslexia is a reading disorder.

i know that much, but i meant is there anything like a link someone can give or information on theories as to how its caused, the extent of the problem etc? any help would be greatly appriciated thank you...

I'm just curious for anyone here who knows (since I never take the time to research this stuff on my own)...

does dyslexia only cause reading difficulties, or are there commonly writing or speech problems as well?

When I get going, I write my words all out of order, so that's why I asked.

i also have it, every time i want to type an R i always type an O :P

does dyslexia only cause reading difficulties, or are there commonly writing or speech problems as well?

It can cause speech and writing problems.

Most of my family have varying degrees of dyslexia, with my little brother being the one who is the highest (the only one in my immediate family that does not have it is my mom).

And thanks for posting that link, Odie. I sent it immediately to my brother, he has been collecting sites on teh subject in the las year or so(he was found out to be a dyslexic when he was about 5 or 6 years old...he is 18 now). And he also sends his thanks :P , he says he will check the link out the next time he is online.

I have dsylexia, and so does my son. :drool: I have learned to live with it, and compensate for it. My work demands a lot of writing. I also wrote and published a children's book about four years ago. Learning disabilities are challenging but they can be dealt with.

I have major problems with mathematics, but none when it comes to english, which I infact excell at. But whenI try math I feel "blind" for want of a better word. Could I be dyslexic in mathematical terms?

Edited by Unadopted Angelic

I have major problems with mathematics, but none when it comes to english, which I infact excell at. But whenI try math I feel "blind" for want of a better word.  Could I be dyslexic in mathematical terms?

250289[/snapback]

It depends on how you think. Some people think in lines, some people think randomly. Some people can get the concept in less than 3 seconds while others take an hour to get the concept. It's how you train yourself to think that matters. That's why the brain is such a powerful thing.