Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Continuity

I was just thinking... Should ENT continuity be lax? What I mean is... should they be allowed to change things barely established to better fit ENT?

Example: 1 TOS and 1 TNG episode stated that Klingon First Contact was in 2218, but ENT says it happened in 2151.

How do you feel when they make changes like that?

As long as they only change minor details to better fit the story, I say go for it. So far, I don't think they've serriously messed with continuity in any movie or series. :laugh:

I agree, I honestly dont think that when TOS was made that Star Trek was expected to fly off the handle like it has. Its really hard to keep up with 5 different series as it is... At least with TNG, DS9, and VOY they are all during the same basic timeline. Im still wondering if they will talk about what happend to the Klingons foreheads and noted in that DS9 Episode where the crew goes back to the day of TOS. I bet they dont refer to it because i remember reading somewhere that Paramount just simply said that they looked different because of the technology of makeup from back in the day :laugh: oh well maybe they will mention it :laugh:

I don't mind of it's small differences with TOS story-lines, but they should stay true to stuff laid forth in TNG, DS9, and Voyager.

Must be impossible to not change anything that has been said in 4 other different series.. Small changes are totally okey with me! However, I will stop watching it if T'Pol joines Star Fleet, since Spock is the first one.. :laugh:

I think they have done a pretty good job at holding true to the continuity.I just hope they stay that way and try not to mess with it too bad.

I think that they should try to stay consistent with the other series, but I also think that they should have some leway. I mean some of the changes they have made can be explained in technicalities. Like the date of first contact with the Klingons, maybe the date that was referred to in the other series were referring to the first contact between the Klingons and the Federation, not the Klingons and Starfleet. As for the klingon appearance that was referred to earlier. One of the series made referrence to the TOS era Klingons being altered to appear more human to more disquise their true nature from starfleet and the Federation.