Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Osama Bin & Iraq

Before I call it a night . . . . . .

After I logged off an hour ago I was reading some news on CNN and look what I found . .. . . . And I just have to post this before I call it a night

Documents discovered in the bombed out headquarters of Iraq's intelligence service provide evidence of a direct link between Saddam Hussein's regime and Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda terrorist network, a newspaper reported Sunday.

I have been saying this all along! And I have stated this in the topic “War what is it good for” (or it is called something like that) There was no doubt in my mind about this.

Papers found Saturday by journalists working for the Sunday Telegraph reveal that an al Qaeda envoy met with officials in Baghdad in March 1998, the newspaper reported.

The paper quoted an unidentified Western intelligence official as saying the find was "sensational."

The paper said the documents show that the purpose of the meeting was to establish a relationship between Baghdad and al Qaeda based on their mutual hatred of the United States and Saudi Arabia.

The meeting went so well that it was extended by a week and ended with arrangements being discussed for bin Laden to visit Baghdad, the newspaper said.

Journalists found a three-page file on bin Laden inside a folder lying in the rubble of one of the rooms of the intelligence headquarters, the paper said.

"Iraqi agents at some point clumsily attempted to mask out all references to bin Laden, using white correcting fluid," the newspaper reported. "After carefully removing the dried fluid, however, the name is clearly legible three times in the documents."

One of the pages, dated February 19, was marked "top secret and urgent" and referred to plans for the trip from Sudan of the unnamed envoy, who is described in the file as a trusted confidant of bin Laden's, the paper said.

The document, signed, "MDA," which the newspaper said is a code name believed to belong to the director of one of the Iraqi intelligence sections, said the Iraqis sought to pay for the envoy's costs while in Iraq "to gain the knowledge of the message from bin Laden and to convey to his envoy an oral message from us to bin Laden."

The message to bin Laden "would relate to the future of our relationship with him, bin Laden, and to achieve a direct meeting with him," the newspaper quoted the document as saying.

The other documents confirm that the envoy traveled from Khartoum in Sudan to Baghdad in March 1998 and that he stayed at the al-Mansour Melia hotel.

The documents do not mention whether any meeting took place between bin Laden and Iraqi officials, the newspaper said.

Separately, The Sunday Times reported that its own journalists had found documents in the Iraqi foreign ministry that indicate that France gave Saddam Hussein's regime regular reports on its dealings with American officials.

The newspaper said the documents reveal that Paris shared with Baghdad the contents of private transatlantic meetings and diplomatic traffic from Washington.

One document, dated September 25, 2001, from Iraqi foreign minister Naji Sabri to Saddam's palace, was based on a briefing from the French ambassador in Baghdad and covered talks between presidents Jacques Chirac and George W. Bush.

CNN

Now I think it is time to go to sleep.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I remember watching a PBS program called the McLaughlin group and I remember one saying that he predicts that in the future we will find something like this in Iraq (as a link between France & Iraq like the one we have now) and it will create a scandal in France. But we will see

Both Iraq and al Qaeda have shared objectives and I think it would be foolish for someone to think that a dialog was not opened between them and this proves that there was. Just imagine if Iraq gave some of its weapons (like biological / chemical) to al Qadea. If we never acted to bring down Saddam Hussein's regime, then we could have faced a much bigger problem in the future which could of cost thousands of more lives by them using biological (or chemical) weapons.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Saddam and his thugs are all terrorist,they ruled their entire country with terror.I for one am glad this regime is over and can only hope Saddam is dead.

Osama Bin Laden is still out there somewhere,but we will get him.He can't hide forever.

Ok, so France spied on us (playing the devils advocate, we spied on the nine swing-vote nations, but that's not the point) France aided a brutal regime, what should be their punishment?

I also always knew Iraq and Al-Qaeda were associated. Also, France and Russia had big - millions of dollars - Oil contracts with Iraq. Also, France and Russia have been selling weapons to Iraq. It is appaling that they would do this. But, then again, "money makes the world go round".