Sign in to follow this  
TRexx

Paramount sues Star Trek fanbase

I cannot form an opinion, becuase the link you provided told me nothing about the lawsuit. Who are they sueing and why?

The transcript I provide includes everything that was said about the case in the TV broadcast. That's not much, which is why I ask if anyone has any further details about it.

--------------

Images from "Bring Back Kirk" CGI Trailer #2

t_bbk109.jpg

I found this - it might be what you're talking about.  The distinction is people using Star Trek which is copyrighted without a license.  They're not talking about reselling your collectibles etc. 

http://www.vidiot.com/bookwar.html

That makes more sense...I can't see how they could stop you from private

sales...Thanks for clearing that up....

I don't know what paramount's thoughts are regarding merchandise, but on starbase34.com the owner had a letter, from paramount, stating they had a problem with websites that had "licensed trek media." That could mean anything made by paramount of course, but i think some things like tv episodes, music, etc that's been on tv is pretty much fair game, and i'm not talking about movies, although some things on it could fit into this. Btw, the owner of the site had to close it down for budget reasons. Is a bummer cause his site was one of the better ones :flex: .

starbase 34 was great....:roflmao:

Paramount is getting bolder with these suits....

I use Resistance is futile all the time...

I don't get sued...

Resale is not a crime...

that's why you can buy a used car from basiclally anybody...

You don't get sued by the original maker...

Anyways paramount doesn't manufacture the stuff...

I can see the logic in suing over the manufacture or sale of unlicensed products. I also agree with any efforts Paramount might make to prevent the sales of bootlegs.

Beyond that, let us do what we want with our collectibles! You don't see Topps suing over the resale of sports cards. Why? It would undermine the entire reason people buy them... because they're collectible and appreciate in value!