Sign in to follow this  
Jim Phaserman

Life immitating art

I meant to post this earlier today. I got to go to the other side of the base, the NTC (Naval Training Center) Side (I'm on the RTC, or Recruit Training Command, side) and I toured the ET/FC Combat Systems school. and Ya know what I saw? It looked like something out of Star Trek! These sailors, training to use various weapons systems and repair computer systems, had their homework and lessons downloaded onto PDAs, which is, for those who have one, Kinda like a PADD. I asked my father, a Civilian Contractor instructor for Combat Systems School, what was on the PDAs, and he said they do their homework on the PDA, and it gets downloaded and graded onto the instructor's computer. for every module they go into, they get a new memory card with the lesson on it. they also have some limited ability to have personal stuff on here, and it won't be touched provided they put it in a marked folder, for example: "Jim's Stuff". What do you guys think about this?

Now that i think of it, why didn't i think of this earlier?? :flex: I mean, the dots were there and i just didn't see them, has this just been realized by anyone else? :)