Sign in to follow this  
Overload

TNG Babies?

Heh. I guess the Muppet Babies influenced Star Trek as much as Star Trek influenced the Muppet Babies! See I recently found out about this novel series for kids that features the characters of the Next Generation as children themselves. It has the whole gang ranging from ages 12-15 (except for Data who's technically only 3), and they're in their first year of Star Trek school.

I guess everyone has to get into the babyfication fad, huh?

Anyway, has anyone else run across this series?

Edited by Overload

Interesting. I have not, but if I had the chance, I would most definitely buy it. May I ask... what is the name of the novel? Surely you do not mean the Starfleet Academy series?

From what Overload is describing, I believe she is referring to the Starfleet Academy series. And yeah, in a couple of the novels Data is only 3 years old in them..I think in one he is 4(but I do not remember). And the others are all Academy aged (18 - 25)

I did not read many of them, just the ones that had to do with Data. They are pretty good books for younger readers, actually. They actually have been around for quite sometime, I think I was in either middle school or just starting high school when they came out with that series.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

kool are they hard to find in book stores?

Back when the series came out in the early to mid '90's no they were not. However, today it is rather difficult to come by them, unless you luck out at a used bookshop (well, in my area of Florida this is the case..not sure if this is the case elsewhere).

I already possess two Starfleet Academy books. 'Loyalties' (which is about Beverly Crusher and Data) and 'The Chance Factor' (which is about Kathryn Janeway). Personally, I would not say that these books are only for young readers. These good books are for everyone and anyone who enjoys Star Trek (unless the person in question dislikes reading).

I also have two Starfleet Academy books, "Cadet Jean-Luc Picard" and "Nova Command" (both about old academy days of my beloved Jean-Luc :wacko: ) and I agree with Tech that those books are not only for young people, they are in fact very interesting if you want to read some interesting stuff about your fave character :blink: .

I found both books in a German online second-hand bookshop and I'm very happy to have them. :wow::wow:

This is the list of the Starfleet Academy books that I know of. The ones in bold are the ones that I have read.

STARFLEET ACADEMY

#1 Crisis on Vulcan

#2 Aftershock

#3 Cadet Kirk

Star Trek: The Next Generation

STARFLEET ACADEMY

#1 Worf's First Adventure

#2 Line of Fire

#3 Survival

#4 Capture the Flag

#5 Atlantis Station

#6 Mystery of the Missing Crew

#7 Secret of the Lizard People

#8 Starfall

#9 Nova Command

#10 Loyalties

#11 Crossfire

#12 Breakaway

#13 The Haunted Starship

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

#1 The Star Ghost

#2 Stowaways

#3 Prisoners of Peace

#4 The Pet

#5 Arcade

#6 Field Trip

#7 Gypsy World

#8 Highest Score

#9 Cardassian Imps

#10 Space Camp

#11 Day of Honor: Honor Bound

Star Trek: Voyager

STARFLEET ACADEMY

#1 Lifeline

#2 The Chance Factor

#3 Quarantine

From what Overload is describing, I believe she is referring to the Starfleet Academy series. And yeah, in a couple of the novels Data is only 3 years old in them..I think in one he is 4(but I do not remember). And the others are all Academy aged (18 - 25)

I did not read many of them, just the ones that had to do with Data. They are pretty good books for younger readers, actually. They actually have been around for quite sometime, I think I was in either middle school or just starting high school when they came out with that series.

I don't remember what book it was, but I do remember that even though Data looked like he always does, he acted much much younger.

I've heard of one of the books you have mentioned. It is called Worf's First Adventure. When I saw this book last a copy of it was in a used bookstore where I live. I perceived the book to be for younger readers but anyone who likes Star Trek can read them. If anyone of us can read a comic book then we can read Starfleet Academy books.

Star Trek: The Next Generation

STARFLEET ACADEMY

#6 Mystery of the Missing Crew

#7 Secret of the Lizard People

#10 Loyalties

These three are the ones that I have read.

I had seen the others, but the ones I read have Data as one of the main characters, or as THE main character. :laugh:

I've heard of that...

They also made action figures of the kid versions of the TNGers. I have Baby Data (natch!). He looks about the same, except he's wearing this brown jumpsuit thing, and his weapons are baby blue.:roflmao: