Would you buy a car on EBAY ?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a car on EBAY ?

• Yes
    • Yes, I have done that before
    • No
    • No, I'm not that trusting
    • You've got to be crazy Spacetigger !

Well, my Sister in Law just did! The car is in California. she is flying out there and driving it all the way back to Massachusetts. I was shocked by this. I've bought many things on EBAY but I don't think I would buy a car there..

How about you all ??

No chance. In fact, there's pretty much nothing I would buy on e-bay, but definitely not a car. It's like a pair of pants - you have to try it on and see how it fits before you decide.

Edited by Red Shirt Volunteer

I would neer buy a car through ebay. It's too risky. I have to be able to drive the car and see if it's really what I'm looking for and if I'm comfortable driving it.

my dad did. he bought his pickup truck through ebay motors. he had one problem. he paid a 100 deposit to a company to pick it up and deliver it and they kept asking for more money. so my dad said to heck with them and bought two bus tickets to texas for him and my mom to go down and get it and drive it back up to ny. other than that the truck is what he's wanted and he's happy.

tm

I admit I looked the last time I was in the market for a car, but there were very few within reasonable distance to go pick it up and I didn't want to mess with shipping.

It's amazing what you see selling on Ebay though. The state of Washington has sold a ferry and a good deal of heavy equipment in the past month or three! I always look to see what weird stuff they have up for sale!

Ebay is a great place to buy all kind of things. I really bought books, tapes, DVDs I never would have got at any other places.

But cars - no chance. No, I'll never buy a car there.