Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Representative Democracy

For American posters (I don't know much about other governments)

I get so depressed when Congress passes a new budget. They tax us to death and yet have no shame in funding these self-serving pointless little projects or well-meaning progams that simply don't work. Does anyone else feel that way? Do you think Americans really have any hope of getting Congress to act responsibly with our tax dollars?

Politics is never perfect. It is still better than something like a dictatorship. Your congress problems sound like politicians are back to their old games. Think of politicians as life-forms trying to survive. They have to get votes to survive and they will do whatever they can to get them. I'm not saying all politicians are like this, or that this is all they are - just that this is a big part of all politics.

If I understand the concept of "prisoner delimma" games - that's what politicians are doing. They seek to get re-elected ie their own interest rather than the good of the nation as a whole. Truth is, I wonder how many would get re-elected if they voted to shut down a worthless project that nonetheless provided jobs to their district.

It's still depressing and I think some of our "programs" just make some social problems worse which will mean more taxes.

dont even get me going on politicians. here in wonderful ny, not. the state government keeps taxing us to death, thereby making business leave ny, therefore, more and more layoffs, therefore, less money, so what do they do, oh yeah, keep raising taxes, so what happens, oh yeah more and more people leave ny, smart yeah, oh yeah, but what happens next, more and more taxes. you'd think thes educated idiots, politicians, would get it through there thick, stupid, idiotic, selfserving, self rightous heads, that they need to do something to keep, and get business back in ny, thereby keeping, and getting more people back in ny, thereby alleviating some of the stress of so much tax on those of us stupid enough to still be here. well thats my thoughts, i hate all politicians. even good ones turn bad once their in office. ITS ONE BIG BIG VICIOUS CIRCLE OF CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

dont even get me going on politicians. here in wonderful ny, not. the state government keeps taxing us to death, thereby making business leave ny, therefore, more and more layoffs, therefore, less money, so what do they do, oh yeah, keep raising taxes, so what happens, oh yeah more and more people leave ny, smart yeah, oh yeah, but what happens next, more and more taxes. you'd think thes educated idiots, politicians, would get it through there thick, stupid, idiotic, selfserving, self rightous heads, that they need to do something to keep, and get business back in ny, thereby keeping, and getting more people back in ny, thereby alleviating some of the stress of so much tax on those of us stupid enough to still be here. well thats my thoughts, i hate all politicians. even good ones turn bad once their in office. ITS ONE BIG BIG VICIOUS CIRCLE OF CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

*~~~Stands up and applauds furiously!~~~*