Sign in to follow this  
WEAREBORG4102

The Vidiians

What did the Vidiians look like before the phage???

Did they look like us Humans???

Pretty close I think...there's that ep were the doctor falls in love

with a Vidiian doctor and changes her appearence with holograms....

she looked human.... :P

No they contract the phage. I believe Danara Pel said she contracted the phage at age 6.

Here's a shot of a healthy Vidiian:

320x240.jpg

i didnt like that ep.. she was a poor actor...

Actually she's acting the way she should have.

Consider her life.

Contracting the phage, continous life as a doctor helping her kind, never had the chance for a loving life.

What do you expect her to act as?

Some species behaves differently, heck I won't be surprise if a race behave like bad acting. How would you know if that's their real behavior.

For 1 thing, we can't judge their behavior on our own behalf.

:(

The Vidiians were meant to represent what we or any other race could have been, if faced with such a terrible disease as the Phage. It's a good thing that the Think Tank cured it for them. It seems that so many were infected by the Phage that the entire culture devoted itself to preserving them for as long as possible, even at the expense of other races.

I was extremely pleased when when they mentioned that the Vidians had been cured. It wouldn't make any real difference in any future episodes and now the entire outlook of the Vidians is changed.

I always felt sad when thinking of the Vidians. Yes, their methods prolonging their lives by harvesting organs was wrong by our standards, but can we really guarentee that the human race would not do the same thing if we were in their situation? Desperation and an instinct for survival will make you do some evil things just to survive.

I always felt sad when thinking of the Vidians.  Yes, their methods prolonging their lives by harvesting organs was wrong by our standards, but can we really guarentee that the human race would not do the same thing if we were in their situation?  Desperation and an instinct for survival will make you do some evil things just to survive.

This is the reason I found the vidiians to be such an interesting and unique race. Yeah, stealing organs is wrong, but if you thought about it from thier end of the spectrum, they were only trying to survive and save thier race. They were complex and I wish we saw more of them.

I would like to see a Star Trek movie where they meet the Vidians now, when they are no longer desparate. What kind of culture has developed? How do you go from a desparate, pirate-like culture, to having normal diplomatics relations with another species? How would other species who knew of their violence, or were victims of it, now deal with them? Are they isolated from other species? Do they have anything to offer as a race that others might want to trade with them for, and so risk getting to know them after all this? What was their culture like before the phage, and were they able to return to it? Answering these questions would make a good story.

That will be 1 tough movie to make, with the vidians.

the main problem, is how on earth do they meet 75,000 light-years apart?

They don't have fast drives, no knowledge to any subspace corridors, no known proper wormholes, etc.

If they can figure a way for them to come to the A. Quadrant for who knows what reason. Then only they can make a movie of it.

:drool:

There are all kinds of "excuses" one could use to get the Vidians to the Alpha quadrant. For instance they may in fact be excellent engineers, come upon that ruined Borg trans center destroyed by the Janeway's, or find a Borg ship with dead Borg, learn how to use trans warp drive, and lo! They can get anywhere in the galaxy in a reasonable time.

Use some imagination!

Maybe they want to find humans and other species they harvested organs from and apologize, or make amends, and so are particularly motivated to develop their ability to travel. Maybe they invent some even more advanced form of travel than trans warp, trade with the Federation.....or what about this?

They develop some wonderful new engine, better than trans warp, and join the Federation...so that the Federation in now a galaxy wide organization, and there are once again new worlds for the Federation to meet.

Exploring the restoration of Vidian society could be both interesting and fun and in the best tradition of trek.

There are all kinds of "excuses" one could use to get the Vidians to the Alpha quadrant. For instance they may in fact be excellent engineers, come upon that ruined Borg trans center destroyed by the Janeway's, or find a Borg ship with dead Borg, learn how to use trans warp drive, and lo! They can get anywhere in the galaxy in a reasonable time.

Use some imagination!

Maybe they want to find humans and other species they harvested organs from and apologize, or make amends, and so are particularly motivated to develop their ability to travel.  Maybe they invent some even more advanced form of travel than trans warp, trade with the Federation.....or what about this?

They develop some wonderful new engine, better than trans warp, and join the Federation...so that the Federation in now a galaxy wide organization, and there are once again new worlds for the Federation to meet.

Exploring the restoration of Vidian society could be both interesting and fun and in the best tradition of trek.

208936[/snapback]

they probely go after the klingons because there is in something in klingon blood or pyshologl is immune the phage . it said in different 3 episode of voyager that klingons are immune to phage. i aslo belive they been havrest parts from the borg that are dead and ones bronken from the link.

But the Vidiians have been more of a Frankenstein kind of thing for me. Put together artificially, built up layer uopn layer until you cahn barely see what you started off with.

But the Phage is ugly.

I wonder if they've considered plastic surgery =D