Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Hot Salsa

Hot Salsa

I really like some good old salsa (or if you would like to call it . . . ‘hot sauce’). Usually every Friday I have some Tabasco & some chips. I also usually get some Pace hot sauce. If you have enough of it, then it can be quite addicting. Usually once I start it is hard for me to stop (LOL). I will only stop if I don’t have anymore or my stomach can’t handle anymore.

There is nothing like some good old Tabasco or Pace (the hot one not any of the others).

Anyone else like good old Tabasco or Pace? . . . .

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Have you ever had jalapeno jelly? Yes, real jelly made from jalapeno's. I don't care for the store bought stuff but homemade from jalapeno's that I grew myself. Cream cheese and jalapeno jelly on a Ritz cracker - ooh yum.

As for salsa, I roomed with someone once who made it fresh; it would be so hot I'd think my tongue would come off but I kept eating. The bottled stuff just isn't the same anymore.

YES!

My favorite fun side dish is Freedom Fries with catsup/Tabasco sauce mixed, the memories of childhood and grown up preference in one. I also use a hint (just enough to keep the kid eating it like it’s going out of style) of it in any of my sauces.

ahhhh salsa....i fed my mexican food addiction the other day with some old elpaso and quessadillas....i have to admit, one good thing about south west america is the awesome mexican food!

YES!

My favorite fun side dish is Freedom Fries with catsup/Tabasco sauce mixed, the memories of childhood and grown up preference in one. I also use a hint (just enough to keep the kid eating it like it’s going out of style) of it in any of my sauces.

Pass the water - NOW!!!!

I'm a wimp, the hottest I go is medium strength. My brother was amazing with that stuff - the hotter the better, to the point he'd have sweat dripping down his forehead.

AAAHHHH!!!!!!!! i dont mind a little heat, but i wanna taste my food, not pant through it like a dog. plus im not a pepper eater, or anything like that, i dont like chunks, im too fussy. plus i want flavor with my chicken wings, not fire. oh well i guess im a big'ol wimp too. lol. :laugh:

To both Takara and cptwright, a little goes a long way towards adding taste without it becoming a firehouse. I only consider it a spice not a condiment and use it sparingly (drops), whoa! I can smell some Tabasco right now and am beginning to drool! :laugh:

ever tried wasabi? its japanese. very very spicy. it seems to burn your nasal passage rather then your throat. powerful stuff.

YES!

Pass the water - NOW!!!!

I'm a wimp, the hottest I go is medium strength. My brother was amazing with that stuff - the hotter the better, to the point he'd have sweat dripping down his forehead.

Salsa....well if I do eat that...it is usually with nacho cheese and chips, and the salsa has to be mild. Same with cocktail sauce....not to spicy(some brands get quite wild, like you need a fire extinguisher to eat it)..that with chilled shrimp! That is awesome!!

But I guess it depends on who you are when it comes to level and type of spices...

My sister is a black pepper enthusiast(we keep telling her she could kill someone from the amount of pepper she uses! Think sulfuric acid in your mouth and there you go!), for me it is garlic or onion(and my sister can't stand that....to gross her out once I once ate a spoonful of minced garlic! You should have seen her or my mom's face!!), and then you've got the craziest one of all my uncle! The spicier the salsa, chili, anything the better it is in his mind!!! He is crazy!! I remember him saying something about 4 alarm chili NOT being spicy enough!!

I work at this gourmet food store and have tried all of the above. We have a Raspberry wasabi that rocks and soups with Tobasco, and so many flavors of salsa (we have this Raspberry and peach one to die for!)

we also sell all kinds of hot sauces. Even one that comes in a wooden box with a yellow caution warning on it. It warns that if you use more then one drop, you're just about taking you're life in your hands.

ever mix salsa with cheese or even sour cream? YUM!

Both, sour cream AND cheese with salsa!! Add tortilla chips and that is awesome.

The sauce with the caution... :look: it reminds me of the Rhythym and Ribs festival we have here in town...and one resteraunt that competes has a sauce that is called Johnson's Thermonuclear BBQ sauce or something like that(I forgot the exact name)....and they warn that it is guaranteed to clear out your system it is that powerful(darn I wish I had that sign memorized still, it is a scream to see it every year!)

usually sour cream OR cheese. :laugh:

still working around food all the time...it a shock that i can still get into my jeans from last year! :look:

usually sour cream OR cheese.  :laugh:

still working around food all the time...it a shock that i can still get into my jeans from last year! :look:

:laugh: My mom used to work at our family's bakery(well, until I was about 9 or 10), she used to joke to friends that just walking into the store and SMELLING the food could make you gain pounds!! I mean they KNEW she was joking, but with the way my grandfather baked donuts and pastries....it was a little difficult to NOT eat at least one donut, cookie, cake slice, eclair or hamburger roll(the last two being the ones I liked the most!!)

stop stop already your making me hungry just talking about it.lol. especially since im cutting down, and trying to get back into shape for a agility test coming up in VA. so please for the love of god stop. lol. but boy that sounds good, i love donuts and eclairs. and pretty much anything bread.

If you guys haven't already you should check out www.LNSEMSF.com (Lenord Nemoy should eat more salsa foundation). It's quite funny :tear: .

stop stop already your making me hungry just talking about it.lol. especially since im cutting down, and trying to get back into shape for a agility test coming up in VA. so please for the love of god stop. lol. but boy that sounds good, i love donuts and eclairs. and pretty much anything bread.

Sorry...can't help that, miss my grandfather(he passed away in 1994 :laugh: ) and so I miss his baking....even though my cousin has since taken over the bakery from my aunt(his mom) and is returning the food and business back to the way my grandpa had it...Hooray and Thank God for my cousin!!!

I really missed the way my grandpa made the donuts and eclairs...I have tried both recently...and I really think my cousin has done a great job, my grandpa would be so proud!