Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

NHL Playoff Pool

^ The only reason Calgary was even in the game is because of the refereeing...I mean 10 penalties against Vancouver...give me a break!

Game two will be tougher for Vancouver though!

Hey Calgary got a lot of penalties too! :P

I truly hate that team.

hey thats my team.. but yeah i am mad bout that cause i wood have chosen him instead of heggy oh well lol jack u got it off the mix site?! tahts teh station i listen to Mix 99.9 rules!! and yeah i heard bout that food can tax at the corel centre .. i wood just like smuggle the jersey in then wear it there.. but then again im not a leaf fan lol .. thanx for finding the song :P i owe ya one

Eastern Conference

Forwards:  Recchi, Mark; Leclair, John; Amonte, Tony; Roenick, Jeremy.

Defencemen:  Johnnson, Kim; Boyle, Dan; Kubina, Pavel.

Goalies:  Khabibulin, Nicholai; Esche, Robert

I know JR's not on the list, but I'd like him on my team.  Is that OK?

Western Conference

Forwards:  Sakic, Joe; Hejduk, Milan; Forsberg, Peter; Konowalchuk, Steve.

Defencemen:  Blake, Rob; Liles, John-Michael; Sopel, Brent.

Goalies:  Aebischer, David; Legace, Manny.

Same for Konowalchuk as Roenick.

I hate the teams I've chosen.  I always lose these things so let's hope history repeats itself.

I didn't see your questions about the two players. If no one objects I guess it will be okay now that the playoffs have started.

Calgary 2, Vancouver 1....Best hockey I've seen in a long time...

Now that's playoff hockey...this is gonna be a good series... :P

avs won again... big game for nabokov for me 1-0 ot win :P anywho guiren better produce something before the stars get kiked out.. gah im doin lousy.. takara at the end of the first round can u post something about everyones points and where we r at... btw im not sure but i think that nhl.com only keeps track of scores for bout a week or so.. wat do u mean by a winning point only a point in a game that is won by one point..? or a game that is like 5-3 and the 4th point gets a bonus? sry random thoughts i had to get out there

Edited by stoned_vulcan

Sorry I haven't been as quick as I want to be with getting the standings up for everyone but here they finally are for games played as of April 13, 2004.

NHL Playoff Pool

The only player listed in the injury reports that affects the pool is Vancouver goalie, Dan Cloutier, who is listed as day-to-day.

oh bout kiprisov, then just everyone who took him add 2 pts to ur total, jack that means ur edging me out... oh im watching the leafs game on CBC rite now jack i bet u r too.. did u hear that joe newy is out for the game? how long do u think hell b out for?

Edited by stoned_vulcan

takara can u please post some of updates of how we are doing in about a week if that is okay? thanks <_<

He he he - D'OH!!! I just discovered I had an updated report and forgot to post it! Darn short term memory!!! Here are updated standings as of May 3, 2004. The players whose name appear in red boxes have been eliminated from the playoffs.

2004 NHL Playoff Pool

Just Checking in...I didn't see where the bonus points went for players

scoring winning goals...eg Gelinas....Help!

ps

Thanks for all the work you're doing on this <_<

Be ready for Calgary/Sharks in teh Western Confrence Finals. Sharks are really looking good.

It would be an interesting series to have San Jose vs Tampa. That's getting as far away from old school Canadian hockey as possible. The only thing that would be as weird/interesting would be Atlanta vs Calgary, since in 1980 Atlanta moved their team to Calgary.

Here are the standings as of the completion of round 2.

NHL Playoff Pool

Now that we are down to 4 teams I am going to try to have the standings updated much more regularly than I have in the previous 2 rounds.

The Red Wings are out @#$%&*(*&^%$REWQ@#&UI

over it

lighting in 6

Yeah, I'd like to second that motion. You've done a great job all year long.

Just one question, does the winner get an 'icon thingie' like edmcgon has for winning the regular season pool?

I'm mostly asking because it looks like I'm going to win this pool seeing as how I'm already up by 18 and I'm the only one with both goalies in the final meaning I'm guaranteed at least 3 points for every game in this series (3 points for a goalie winning, since I have both I have 3 points per game regardless of the outcome).

Sorry, if it sounds like I'm rubbing it in. I may not be in the clear yet.

Yeah, I'd like to second that motion. You've done a great job all year long.

Just one question, does the winner get an 'icon thingie' like edmcgon has for winning the regular season pool?

I'm mostly asking because it looks like I'm going to win this pool seeing as how I'm already up by 18 and I'm the only one with both goalies in the final meaning I'm guaranteed at least 3 points for every game in this series (3 points for a goalie winning, since I have both I have 3 points per game regardless of the outcome).

Sorry, if it sounds like I'm rubbing it in. I may not be in the clear yet.

Rub it in all you want, the rest of us would be if it was us winning.....wait

a minute my *Flames* are winning, sorry if I'm rubbing it in....lol :(

I don't mind you rubbing it in if the Flames are winning. The Leafs lost, plain and simple. Even though I'd love to see Toronto in the final I like seeing Calgary there too. I've got nothing against the Flames (heck, I've got nothing against any Canadian team, except Ottawa). Calgary in the final is Bettman's worst nightmare.

So I say go Flames. All of Canada is behind them because they are bringing the Cup back to the country it belongs in *knocks on wood*

I really don't want to rub being ahead in the hockey pool. Unlike edmcgon I'm a gracious winner. Of course I'm kidding but I just had to get that last shot in there.

Yes I will be making a little icon thing with the Stanley Cup for the winner. You probably noticed I used the President's Trophy for best regular season record in the icon I made for Ed.

BTW Jack about your comment regarding Ed, talk to Lessa. You've never had to see the "I won" dance or listen to the "I won" speech at the celebration dinner when he won their NFL pool one year. LOL

Here are the final standings for the NHL Playoff Pool:

Final Standings

Congralations to Jack Bauer on winning the pool. You will soon see this

playoffwin.jpg added to your "thingy that has your name and rank and stuff that I can never figure out what to call it" (don't you love it when I talk technical).

Wow, 39 points, I did not see that coming.

Thanks Takara. That icon looks cool (so much cooler than edmcgon's, I mean nothing beats the Stanley Cup). I'd just like to say that it was a lot of fun. I hope we can do something like this again once the NHL resumes. Perhaps a World Cup of Hockey Pool in August? Thanks Takara for all the work you put in this year. You made this pool possible.