Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Enterprise is great

I have noticed that there are many people out there who hate Enterprise, but I happen to think it is the best instalment since the Next Generation. I never really liked DS9 or Voyager as I thought the characters were dull and most often poorly acted, out of both series I have to say that I thought only one character and the ability of the actor playing him was any good, and that was the fellow who played the Doctor in Voyager.

Anyway enough of me ripping apart the lesser series and let me tell you why I like Enterprise.

1/ Fairly good acting - especially from Ms Ballock

2/ I like the triangle of the main characters (it would be even better if they add Mr Reed to make it a group of four)

3/ Cool set and model design

4/ Use of aliens from the 60's (I would love it if we had more green slave girls :devil: )

5/ A little more action and less trying to be hard (Kira tried so much to be tough but ended up a bit of a sad old bean, anyway Tasha Yar was tough with and air of grace - character that could be believed in)

If I had to make it better what would I have done:

1/ More kick *buttocks* alla Kirk style

2/ A little less overtly patronising speaches from Captain Archer (But he is still less patronising than Janeway)

3/ Green slave girls dancing :devil:

4/ More gas clouds attacking the Enterprise

5/ The use of music from TOS with all the high pitched sounds that help to create atmosphere and not the soft sissy stock music that we got from the last few seasons of TNG onwards.

6/ Sack the fellow who plays Mayweather - he is the worst of the lot and a character I would never trust with a plot line

7/ Starfleet becoming a more military institution as it was in TOS and the films from ST2 onwards. Sometimes you get the feeling that Archer is too laid back with his crew.

8/ Give Mr Reed more plot lines

9/ At the very end of the series have some sort of time travel causality effect so that the crew do not remember the temporal cold war, hence continuity is kept. I mean come on, if this cold war had happened you would think someone would have mentioned it in the future.

P.S. 60's STAR TREK ROCKS and KIRK IS BETTER THAN ALL THE OTHERS :D

i agree, especially #9. And your right they need to do more with Reed, and Archer do a little less monologueing. have no fear the action is comeing.

i liked the series when it first came out but i got bored quickly,. all of a sudden, i like it again! the storylines are really starting to pick up. they used to all be pretty much the same but they are getting more diverse.

I haven't been board with any of the episodes so far. One of my favorites may also be considered one of the boring ones in fact. Carbon Creek. I thought it was a very interesting story.

its not the stories that are boring, its just that they seem to use the same stories over and over. t'pol has had a personal crisis quite alot and trip has been trapped on an alien planet often. i just need some more variety. but, i still like the show.

ps. woo-hoo! 100th post

I have to say that like I, like VaBeachGuy, have not yet been bored with an episode of ENT. I mean, there have obviously been some that stand out way apart from others for being exceptional, but on the whole they have all been very entertaining...

I agree that Carbon Creek was excellent! It was funny and interesting and it was very satisfying to see T'Pol in a plain old dress that she couldn't even button up right! Made us regular girls feel ok about ourselves for a moment there! It was a great story and was very well delivered and i would love to see more like it. I just loved when Trip said 'Ok, so three Vulcans walk into a bar and come out with money and tv dinners!' or something to that effect... it really made me laugh, i love his one-liners! :D

Next to DS9, Enterprise is my favorite. I really like the ensemble, just like I did DS9's. Sure some of the stories have been kind of repetitive, but if it means that there's going to be a sweaty Trip, especially in those blue undies.....

Hey, even old married women can look! :D

I thought DS9 was the best series because of the story arcs and the variety of alien encounters generated by the mission of the station as well as its' location near the worm hole. But then again, I love baseball so maybe my tolerance of a slower pace was in effect.

Enterprise, though, is wonderful and it's getting better nearly every show. It's fun to see how the writers address establishment of Starfleet regs that we all know better than we know traffic laws!

Enterprise is a great show,I find it to be just as good as all the other Star Trek series.I look forward to at least 5 more seasons! :D

I agree with you that star trek is the best on tv Enterprise is one of the best that is one tv at this time.

Eh...right now...Enterprise isn't so good (IMO) ...but then again the other series' only started to get better during the later seasons :D.

I think that Enterprise is good - (I'm mainly just upset about these stupid reruns!!!)

Some enterprise episode have been just okay, and some have been really quite good! I really like any episode involving the TCW (Temporal Cold War). I think - as ReAder said - It will doubtless get better as the seasons progress. The main problem (of few) that I have is the characters seem kind of flat. There isn't a lot of personality in them. I also think some episodes weren't done too badly but were just a complete cop-off of a previous story-line.

All in All, I think Enterprise is worth watching and hopefully the characters will aquire more depth.

Eh...right now...Enterprise isn't so good (IMO) ...but then again the other series' only started to get better during the later seasons :D.

I completely disagree that the Star Trek series' were only good during the latter seasons. In my opinion the first two seasons of TOS were the best with episodes such as 'Where No Man Has Gone Before' and 'Man Trap'.

TNG had great episodes such as 'Conspiracy', 'To Short A Season', 'Datalore', '11001001', 'The Arsenal of Freedom', 'Skin of Evil', 'Where Silence Has Lease', 'The Measure of a Man', 'A Matter of Honor', 'Time Squared', 'The Royale' and 'Peak Performance'. These episodes are not only the best of the first two seasons but what many consider among the best of the series, unless you truely believe that these represent poor television and that the rubbish that we got from the last few seasons of DS9 and Voyager are better. Can you honestly say that 'Homestead' from Voyager or 'Strange Bedfellows' from DS9 is better than 'The Measure of a Man' or 'Time Squared'?

The problem that we have encountered since the end of TNG is the focus on unnecessary over-charactisation in most episodes in DS9 and Voyager by looking at everyday cliched events of a typical life, by doing this Star Trek has turned from a sci-fi television show into a second class soap that housewives watch. Enterprise is a move away from that sentimental

soapness that signified ds9 and voyager and concentrates on science fiction concepts, action and charactisation within these concepts rather than just charactisation alone. THAT is why I have paid out alot of money to buy every video of Enterprise so far, while I only own one video of ds9 (only because that was the one where Work, a TNG character, was introduced because the series needed a boost form a quality character that we actually care about) and voyager (the last episode, so that I could say thank god the pain is over).

TOS, TNG and Enterprise ROCK :D . ESPECIALLY the first few years!!!

Enterprise can only get better. I am looking forward to the Borg episode.

I have to say that like I, like VaBeachGuy, have not yet been bored with an episode of ENT.  I mean, there have obviously been some that stand out way apart from others for being exceptional, but on the whole they have all been very entertaining...

I agree that Carbon Creek was excellent!  It was funny and interesting and it was very satisfying to see T'Pol in a plain old dress that she couldn't even button up right!  Made us regular girls feel ok about ourselves for a moment there!  It was a great story and was very well delivered and i would love to see more like it.  I just loved when Trip said 'Ok, so three Vulcans walk into a bar and come out with money and tv dinners!' or something to that effect... it really made me laugh, i love his one-liners! :D

That was good. It was more like this though, "So 2 Vulcans go into a bar hustle a few games of pool and come out with bags full of gorceries"?

LOL